Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: PRE Season Opener - Great time!  (Read 26110 times)

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
Re: PRE Season Opener - Great time!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »

Here ya go Gold - hoping the YouTube edit is complete once everyone sees the vid and the long intro on the grid was removed.

https://youtu.be/k7B9xC8X9VE

Definitely a great way to end the day! Now to get this damn laptimer app working properly so it stops editing out the last two laps and puts in the additional sensor info.....damn!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

andrew230

• Control Rider
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:28 PM »

Hey that session was a blast. I can not wait to get back out there. Thanks for posting the video up.
Andrew Gold ccs#230 expert

jbasim51

• Control Rider
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »

looks like you guys are ready for some "A" group!!!!!!!!!! thats some solid laps and you both looked comfortable!!!!!!
Joe "Dirt" Basim
Director
CCS #51
K7 GSXR 1000 - Taking the paint off of new R1's since 2007
2012 Ducati 848 Corse (Getting a Heart Transplant)
2015 Honda Grom
2018 GSXR-1000R

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »

Here ya go Gold - hoping the YouTube edit is complete once everyone sees the vid and the long intro on the grid was removed.

https://youtu.be/k7B9xC8X9VE

Definitely a great way to end the day! Now to get this damn laptimer app working properly so it stops editing out the last two laps and puts in the additional sensor info.....damn!

Awesome video. That last session was fun. What software are you using for lean angle and stuff?

I had a blast this weekend even though it was cold. Didn't want to leave. Can't wait to get back and ride with all you fools.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »

Awesome video. That last session was fun. What software are you using for lean angle and stuff?

I had a blast this weekend even though it was cold. Didn't want to leave. Can't wait to get back and ride with all you fools.

Hey Nick - we had a blast too! Just washed Rossi's drool off my coat; Molly kept sniffing at it...

The lap timer software runs on the phone (iPhone or Android) and is called Harry's Laptimer. Current version out now does all the stuff there - the beta <should> do it all and better! There's integration for other GPS and ODBII devices as well. Here's a link to Harry's page:

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

The trick is finding a decent case for the phone. I'm using an Optrix case w/ a wide angle lens currently (modified to use GoPro mounts) and their lens is a little more wide angle than I like (that's the rear facing fisheye looking view). They have other cases out now with a flat lens that I might look into.

Definitely looking forward to the next time out!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

andrew230

• Control Rider
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »

:agree:       I didnt want to leave either Nick.    I am counting the days to the next one.
Andrew Gold ccs#230 expert

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

Hey Nick - we had a blast too! Just washed Rossi's drool off my coat; Molly kept sniffing at it...

The lap timer software runs on the phone (iPhone or Android) and is called Harry's Laptimer. Current version out now does all the stuff there - the beta <should> do it all and better! There's integration for other GPS and ODBII devices as well. Here's a link to Harry's page:

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

The trick is finding a decent case for the phone. I'm using an Optrix case w/ a wide angle lens currently (modified to use GoPro mounts) and their lens is a little more wide angle than I like (that's the rear facing fisheye looking view). They have other cases out now with a flat lens that I might look into.

Definitely looking forward to the next time out!

Awesome! Thanks Mike. Next time at the track I'll see if I can keep up with you.  :thumbup:

That makes two of us.
 :agree:       I didnt want to leave either Nick.    I am counting the days to the next one.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 05:42:38 PM »

I can't fix Nick's quote - so I'll say it here:

That makes ALL of us!!!!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

Joeyb

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 08:24:09 PM »

That looked like a lot of fun, andrew was in a CR sandwich, and he should pay you for that footage :)

Love the footage man, that's a sweet setup!
2009 GSXR 750
#77 A

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »

That looked like a lot of fun, andrew was in a CR sandwich, and he should pay you for that footage :)

Love the footage man, that's a sweet setup!

Yeah - we had a blast and no 'payment' can match the feeling we had coming off the track!

Hoping to dial in the lap timer setup further...with any luck it'll be like my own personal GP feed; now just to continue to work on the rider!

BTW - apparently only us Moto Maniacs understand the video thing. I showed the videos to my wife, and while she loves motorcycle racing and all of the track day fun, she keeps asking why we're all nuts over the video and watch it over and over. I tried to explain it's both for entertainment AND for education but it's apparently lost on her. Does everyone else have similar conversations w/ their wives? I told her I'd try to make the footage more exciting next time and she just smiled, gave me a pat and walked away..... :haha:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:52:31 AM by MonkeyMan »
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

matt221

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 08:12:29 AM »

The laptimer is saying I got down to 1:45 - but one of the CRs (Andrew? I can't remember - sorry, bad with names) said we were running 43's on the last session. While I'd like to think the extra 2 seconds are due to calibration issues with the beta version it's more likely that I still have a LOT of work to do and he was running 43's while I was running a 45.

But - really liking seeing the times consistently come down through the sessions and again, big thanks to a long list of people for helping push me to get there
Those numbers would not surprise me from what I saw 43's would be about right.
Matt Paulson

IRISH
RACING
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 23 queries.