Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PRE Season Opener - Great time!  (Read 26102 times)

Mac_man

Re: PRE Season Opener - Great time!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 08:37:36 PM »

Hey, when you give me an inch I'll take a mile :) Just wish I coulda stayed out there to keep pushing both of us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Daytona 675R (double duty for now)
2006 ZX-6R (track)
2003 Speed Trip (street, in pieces)

Proud owner of BW Tools LLC, a Mac Tools franchise

Joeyb

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »

This weekend was so much fun! Can't wait to do it again in May!!!
2009 GSXR 750
#77 A

Taylor 22

• Control Rider
  • Humiliated in human form
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »

Hey Mike, glad you made it out, and I really appreciate the "positive vibes" with my gas tank  :D :D, Turns out.... :D :D I'm a big "P", The tank is fine  :D (just has more character)   so I'm look'n forward to ridin with you next time.       T 

y'all be git'n too darn fast
Taylor Wells
PRE CSR
www.ridepre.com
info@ridepre.com

'15 r6 #22
'03 yz250f #22
'01 xr100 #22

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:22 AM »

Hey Mike, glad you made it out, and I really appreciate the "positive vibes" with my gas tank  :D :D, Turns out.... :D :D I'm a big "P", The tank is fine  :D (just has more character)   so I'm look'n forward to ridin with you next time.       T 

GREAT to hear Taylor! It was dripping out of the cap, wasn't it!? Tell your bike to remember "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever"

Let's ride bruddha!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

Taylor 22

• Control Rider
  • Humiliated in human form
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »

GREAT to hear Taylor! It was dripping out of the cap, wasn't it!? Tell your bike to remember "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever"

Let's ride bruddha!
:D "that's right"!!! :D

However it has been my finding that some of the ladies have limits on what they consider to be acceptable scarring  :confused:  :D  T
Taylor Wells
PRE CSR
www.ridepre.com
info@ridepre.com

'15 r6 #22
'03 yz250f #22
'01 xr100 #22

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

Hey, when you give me an inch I'll take a mile :) Just wish I coulda stayed out there to keep pushing both of us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright MacMac - here ya go. Enjoy the session - though the lean angle and acceleration/brake sensors weren't calibrated properly in the app it still recorded the complete session, including the part you want to see the most.

https://youtu.be/ZlmR6E9K-JQ

To everyone else - my apologies for this slow-as-paint drying I session (later sessions when posted are a bit better)....though if you'd like to provide feedback I'm all ears. While in the past I've been very reluctant to post video out of concern for my slowness I've come to realize I need to get over that - if you choose to check out the video and get bored you can abort at any time....your choice. I'm trying my darndest to improve and will take all constructive criticism as part of my learning experience.

That said, MacMan - after viewing the video more I only have one thing to say in my defense; I'm an apparent sissy mary - because there was a mile of room for me to come back at you on the brakes after you passed me and I should've just let it ride and held tight in T1. Trust me, this lesson was learned.
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

Mac_man

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »

That said, MacMan - after viewing the video more I only have one thing to say in my defense; I'm an apparent sissy mary - because there was a mile of room for me to come back at you on the brakes after you passed me and I should've just let it ride and held tight in T1. Trust me, this lesson was learned.

Bring it!!! Iron sharpens Iron and that had to be the most fun I've had in a long time!!! And in our defense that was right before the track really started warming up :P
2013 Daytona 675R (double duty for now)
2006 ZX-6R (track)
2003 Speed Trip (street, in pieces)

Proud owner of BW Tools LLC, a Mac Tools franchise

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »

Bring it!!! Iron sharpens Iron and that had to be the most fun I've had in a long time!!! And in our defense that was right before the track really started warming up :P

Yeah - let's talk trash on the PRE forum all day long....yeeehaw!!!  Everyone is gonna get so bored!! :)

That was a really good time - I was grinning from ear to ear the whole session. But you're right - if you wouldn't have had a mechanical it would've been better. I continued to play tag w/ Gold the rest of the afternoon and got a tow from CJ (thx again man - the video is coming!) and had a blast.

Just checked the times while waiting for more video to render and from the best lap in our after lunch session to the best lap at the end of the day was a 10sec drop! And my lap times were more consistent too which might be even more important.

OK - A group guys are still yawning away - and I'll definitely take some flak for this one, but c'mon who wouldn't be excited about a 10 second gain in an afternoon!? Sure, sure....easy to do when you're slow and harder to do the faster you get. I know, I know....just trying to enjoy my minor triumphant moment (no pun intended) while I can.
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

andrew230

• Control Rider
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »

I cant wait to see the videos from later in the day.   
Andrew Gold ccs#230 expert

Steve Gould

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »

The laptimer is saying I got down to 1:45 - but one of the CRs (Andrew? I can't remember - sorry, bad with names) said we were running 43's on the last session. While I'd like to think the extra 2 seconds are due to calibration issues with the beta version it's more likely that I still have a LOT of work to do and he was running 43's while I was running a 45.

But - really liking seeing the times consistently come down through the sessions and again, big thanks to a long list of people for helping push me to get there

Mike, Sunday was a poor barometer for your lap time progression. The grip, and for me at least, the confidence level because of the lack of traction kept me from getting anywhere close to my fastest vir time. I'm glad that you saw an improvement in time and it should be a big confidence builder that you can go that fast in sketchy conditions. Think how much faster your gonna go with the boost in confidence and better conditions!

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »

Mike, Sunday was a poor barometer for your lap time progression. The grip, and for me at least, the confidence level because of the lack of traction kept me from getting anywhere close to my fastest vir time. I'm glad that you saw an improvement in time and it should be a big confidence builder that you can go that fast in sketchy conditions. Think how much faster your gonna go with the boost in confidence and better conditions!

Hi Steve - thanks for the feedback. Yeah, because of the conditions I was staying 'within my comfort zone' but continued to work on getting smoother, getting off the bike more to keep it on the fat part of the tire, picking the bike up sooner and dialing in a little more gas earlier while keeping in mind not to highside myself to the moon. I kept telling myself that despite how good things were feeling on Sunday afternoon not to get too confident because those were the kinds of conditions where a highside could happen really quickly.

While I definitely intend to build off this past Sunday I know to not expect to have similar jumps with each weekend out. But that's not going to stop me from trying  :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:17:25 PM by MonkeyMan »
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

MBB1

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »

Monkey Man,

Great to hear you and Edwin had a awesome weekend! I so wish I could have been there! The video looks cool with the info on lean angle and all!

With your positive attitude,,, you can only get better.  :clap: Can't wait to hook up with everyone in May!

R/
GDFTHR   
R/
GDFTHR
SICILIAN RACING
"Well Done Is Better Than Well Said"

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »

Monkey Man,

Great to hear you and Edwin had a awesome weekend! I so wish I could have been there! The video looks cool with the info on lean angle and all!

With your positive attitude,,, you can only get better.  :clap: Can't wait to hook up with everyone in May!

R/
GDFTHR

Thx GDFTHR - we would have liked you to be there too!

Re: video - it'll be better once the lean angle and accel/decel are working correctly - hopefully by the next track day that'll be dialed in. I've already suggested to get rid of the dorky rider view and just show the angle graphic but Harry likes his current graphic (he's a car guy, he can't help himself)

"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 05:23:39 PM »

CJ - this one's for you. Thanks again broheim!

https://youtu.be/qL_siO5jTWk

BTW - Nick, your reputation is safe; the laptimer cut off 2 laps early!  :doh:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:43:01 PM by MonkeyMan »
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing

jinglegixer

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »

CJ - this one's for you. Thanks again broheim!

https://youtu.be/qL_siO5jTWk

BTW - Nick, your reputation is safe; the laptimer cut off 2 laps early!  :doh:
Nice footage
Jay   "48"
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 23 queries.