Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TIRE WARMERS  (Read 5373 times)

Kyle

TIRE WARMERS
« on: February 18, 2015, 07:29:58 AM »

I've begun looking at tire warmers.

Let me preface this by saying am not racing and at this point in my life I see doing 3-6 track days for the next several years. I've found warmers for as little as $170 all the way up to $500++. My goal with warmers is to go out on hot tires and limit my heat cycles on the tires. I don't think I will be able to tell the difference of 5 or 10* off the warmers. My bike has GP-A Pro's on it and I understand they really need warmers. Please correct me if i'm wrong there. If so this post is for nothing. Is the difference in price only indicative of the consistency of the temp, or in quality and longevity, or all three? Are the budget warmers worth the $170 for my application? Or do I just need to pay the price of a brand name set? The more I can save on warmers pays for more track time.  Thanks in advance!

2005 CBR600RR

JRA

• Administrator
Re: TIRE WARMERS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »

The tires don't know what kind of warmers you are using, so anything that gets the tires hot is fine as long as it gets them hot enough but not too hot. The thing you get with the name brand warmers is better quality, and special features. You could easily do a google search for reviews on any warmers you are interested in. My first set of warmers were Tire Sox. Back in the day those were probably the cheapest, no frills warmers you could get and they worked great.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

griffonrider

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:36:54 AM »

The best tire warmers are the ones that say DUCATI!!!!!   :rofl:

Mike
'07 Ducati 1098 (Track)
'11 R6 (Track) <SOB is tryin' to kill me>sold to an up and coming MotoAmerica rider.
'03 Harley Lowrider (Street)
'76 Kawasaki KZ 900 (Garage Queen)

F__k the dumb shit, let's ride!!!!

Kyle

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:56:37 AM »

The best tire warmers are the ones that say DUCATI!!!!!   :rofl:

Yeah, I'm sure they are budget friendly!
2005 CBR600RR

griffonrider

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure they are budget friendly!
They came "free" with the bike.   :D
Seriously, all BS aside, JRA is correct in my opinion.  Mine are made by Chicken Hawk.  They are single temp with no frills and they work just fine.  I'm sure there are other folks on here that know much more than I do about tires and heat cycles.  Personally, I get almost all my information/advise from Chuck at Performance CycleWorx.  I figure if he can take care of Dane Westby at the professional level, he can damn sure take care of my needs.  I'm sure if you asked him, he will be more than happy to take care of yours as well.   www.performancecycleworx.com
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:39:08 PM by griffonrider »
Mike
'07 Ducati 1098 (Track)
'11 R6 (Track) <SOB is tryin' to kill me>sold to an up and coming MotoAmerica rider.

Sig

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

griffonrider

Mike
'07 Ducati 1098 (Track)

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
  • Speed cost money, how fast do you wanna go?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »

I still use tire sox that I've had since 2000....lol. they work.  I also have a set of single temp chicken hawks. 
I've ordered the new woodcraft dual Temps.  They are very competitive on their price compared to the moto d warmers...chicken hawk also now has the privateer line as well as the pro line.  Let me know if you would like some prices.   Fluidology@comcast.net
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 23 queries.