Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2010 r6  (Read 4829 times)

Unbroken13

2010 r6
« on: November 01, 2014, 06:40:23 AM »

Recently at barber I had a false neutral going into turn 6. It grinded a little when I popped it into first gear... For a few sessions after the bike was fine.. But later in the day at the end of sessions it wouldn't go into first when I was coming back in the pits. It would be fine when I went back out for the next session... And then at the end of the session same thing. Buy the end of the weekend it was consistently not going into first... It shifts fine in all other gears. It doesn't grind when trying to go into first it just won't go into gear. I only have 4 track days on the oil change ( I know my gsxr wouldn't shift well when the oil was old).. So any ideas?

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
  • Speed cost money, how fast do you wanna go?
Re: 2010 r6
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »

I'm not an engine guy, and recommend calling Chuck at Performance Cycle Worx or if you are far from ATL I might know someone else.  Unfortunately, it sounds like something in the transmission is damaged, something like the shift fork or the dogs on first, or maybe even the gear itself.   I was told to always try to shift up into the next gear from a false neutral or come to a complete stop and then shift into first.  I wasn't provided with the reason why....but that is what I always try to do...  Sorry sir. I'm sure you didn't want to hear that. 
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

Unbroken13

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:46 AM »

Yea I'm in Richmond so the ATL is a little far... Thanks for the upshift advice.. I will keep that in mind

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

Just an FYI a false neutral always up to 2 never down to one
Steve I was told could be wives tail has something to do with cuts in drum for and there shape softer up sharper down add RPM and it makes some sense.
Get your tranny cut and depending on motor mile refresh that beast. If you actually have to get into Trans you are splitting cases so good time to just bite the bullet and freshen it up.

Mike Ruhe
CR 52
2009Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750
2003 Suzuki SV650
2014 Honda GROM ?
Partner Performance Riding Experience

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:40:13 PM by Ruhe52 »
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »

FYI PCW a and Livingood had a hand in building a Graves killing DSB bike so it would not be a bad idea to drop it and ship it.

Mike Ruhe
CR 52
2009Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750
2003 Suzuki SV650
2014 Honda GROM ?
Partner Performance Riding Experience

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

matt221

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 06:49:21 AM »

Yea I'm in Richmond so the ATL is a little far... Thanks for the upshift advice.. I will keep that in mind

It's worth the drive josh

Isn't that thing still under warranty?
Matt Paulson

IRISH
RACING

Unbroken13

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »

Yea it probably is Matt ... Still haven't hit 2000 miles. I just figured that if I took it in with race fairings on they wild void the warranty... Lol.. I did change the oil and took it for a ride and it seemed better??? Guess we will see at the first event next season.. Plus who need first anyway....

matt221

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »

Yea it probably is Matt ... Still haven't hit 2000 miles. I just figured that if I took it in with race fairings on they wild void the warranty... Lol.. I did change the oil and took it for a ride and it seemed better??? Guess we will see at the first event next season.. Plus who need first anyway....

Worth a try
Matt Paulson

IRISH
RACING

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 06:20:53 AM »

Wooooooah still under warranty. Hell pull the plastics off and take it in tell them.
They can charge Yamaha for plastic removal on the clock but you saved them time.
Yamaha demos bikes on the track if they are voiding a mechanical because you ran the bike the way it was built to be ridden then that would be a bit interesting to know.

Dude give it a shot at the dealership for warranty. You don't want to show up at your first event with that in your head.

In fact with winter and no track riding unless you are rolling south the last thing that should show up at of shape after the winter lay off is your bike. Bikes at the first event should be pristine having been rubbed on all winter.

More to come on what should be going on with your bike in winter to come.
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.