Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tire question  (Read 3542 times)

Domito

Tire question
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »

Looking for some advice on whether to upgrade tires.  Right now I have Michelin Pilot Power 2ct with about 1000+ miles street use and one track day and I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to get a set of Dunlop's offered at the track.  I'm still very much a novice but I like to go fast.  Any recommendations?

Otto Man

Re: Tire question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 05:31:48 PM »

Nothing inspires confidence like new tires, but the pilot power 2CT's will grip just fine at a mid pack intermediate pace.
WERA Expert #37

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
  • Speed cost money, how fast do you wanna go?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »

I've had some very good reviews of the trackday/street tires like the Michelin Supersport,  Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, Q3, the nice thing about those is they heat up really fast, no warmer needed.  Also the Pirelli Superbike Pro trackday slicks as well. 
I tell everyone that tires can be worn to the cords,  but man do they move around like crazy when they get down to that. 

Fyi, most of those trackday/Street tires cost as much as a set of  Dunlop GPA's race tires, except the Q3's
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

Domito

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

Thanks for the advice!  I picked up some tire warmers just for the hell of it and I might pull the trigger on some GPA NTECs sunday night if my bank account can handle it.  Being an addict is awful, and I've only just started!

Docmartin

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

Thanks for the advice!  I picked up some tire warmers just for the hell of it and I might pull the trigger on some GPA NTECs sunday night if my bank account can handle it.  Being an addict is awful, and I've only just started!

:agree: In the same boat as you.  Novice that is fully addicted at this point!  lol   

griffonrider

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:30:43 AM »

:agree: In the same boat as you.  Novice that is fully addicted at this point!  lol   

I was bitching about the price of cocaine one day and a guy looked at me and said, "Don't worry about the money, you'll find a way to feed the need."  Moral of the story:  Don't worry about the price of your dope, just enjoy it.  After all, it's only money.   :rofl:
Mike
'07 Ducati 1098 (Track)
'11 R6 (Track) <SOB is tryin' to kill me>sold to an up and coming MotoAmerica rider.
'03 Harley Lowrider (Street)
'76 Kawasaki KZ 900 (Garage Queen)

F__k the dumb shit, let's ride!!!!

Steve Gould

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »

For the Duc? 211 ntec slicks. End of story. Now 100% of your focus can be dedicated to going fast...

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 22 queries.