Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why I love you guys......  (Read 7410 times)

meanstrk

Why I love you guys......
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »

Because, I never see shit like this..... Skip to about 6:35 and discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mT3WXvsPVU

How the hell do you insert video on this board anyways?

This was the second video I have seen where a CR with that "other" org took riders out. I NEVER seen that with PRE.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:40:43 AM by meanstrk »

Taylor 22

• Control Rider
  • Humiliated in human form
Re: Why I love you guys......
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:57:27 AM »

Whoa!!!!  That's no good!!      :nada:       T
Taylor Wells
PRE CSR
www.ridepre.com
info@ridepre.com

'15 r6 #22
'03 yz250f #22
'01 xr100 #22

Steve Gould

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »

Dan Kapernick was the CR based on the number plate. In the comments on the youtube page the rider says the CR said it was his fault...

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

Definitely not a good move on the part of the CR, and certainly not the fault of the guy who crashed. Everybody is human and can make a mistake, but that should have never happened IMO.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

kawaholic

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »

:wow: what the hell was he thinking? :confused: what a fucking idiot!!!!  :eek:

i'd already decided that i won't be spending one CENT with "them" but this vid seals the deal...

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

Paging Sig. :outtahere:
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

Otto Man

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

That definitely shouldn't have happened, but shit happens sometimes. I'll wait for him to speak up his side of the story before jumping to any conclusions. But from that video, I don't see how it's the riders fault at all.
WERA Expert #37

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 06:22:58 AM »

Yeah I don't see how that could have been the riders fault at all.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

Kyle M

• Not sexy need not apply
  • Control Rider
  • Turn yo' head until you start to Break yo' neck
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »

All the talk about the crashing rider moving over and this being his fault is pointless. The one rule that was broken by the CR that would have kept everyone safe is the 6ft passing rule. If the CR didn't buzz him all would have been avoided. To me that is my main point of contention.
Kyle Mathews
09 RM R1 #33 RIP Blue Pig v1
15 RM R1 #33 Go Blue Pig v2

Sig

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 12:28:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mT3WXvsPVU

I don't have it set to auto embed video because some people don't like it. I can change it if you want.

moto1320

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »

Isn't this the second one of these this year from them?

Steve Gould

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »

Yep, and at the same track.

kawaholic

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »

All the talk about the crashing rider moving over and this being his fault is pointless. The one rule that was broken by the CR that would have kept everyone safe is the 6ft passing rule. If the CR didn't buzz him all would have been avoided. To me that is my main point of contention.
you got that right!!! dick... :D

didn't notice the rider moving over the first time i watched it. just watched it another half a dozen times. i GUESS i can see the rider move over a LITTLE but with that angle the cr came across his bow with, i don't really see any way he could have missed him... DEFINITELY WAYYYY to close of a pass... :nada:

Isn't this the second one of these this year from them?
wow... yeah, i DEFINITELY won't be riding with them again...

are these the same folks that rode/ride slummit point? i made my way up there once. had a good time but the day started off pretty shitty. i was used to the way we get called to the grid in south east, ya know, 1st call, 2nd call, etc... all you got from them was the last call, which was the first call. by the time i got to the grid, EVERYONE was gone... now, i had to try to go out on a track i'd never been on before and try to figure it out on my own. what really pissed me off was when i had like 4 or 5 guys come flying by me while the yellow flag was still waving.

before all that happened, i'd gotten in late the night before and i was up early setting up my pit, i see a cr headed up towards reg/tech area. i say, "mornin" , he looks right at me, doesn't say a word, looks back the way he was headed and just keeps walking... i was like wow... real friendly bunch here... :rolleyes:

throughout the day i noticed some of the antics of a few of them carrying on in the pits and i just thought to myself, wow, what a bunch of pompous douchebags...

GDFTHR

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »

I think it's a lesson learned? We should discuss the mistakes of others and learn from them. I'm pretty sure that is what Ron intended. It's unfortunate that this happened. I even had a close call this year at North in Hog Pin. I got spooked, I set up and almost turned into the guy. In hindsight it was my fault because I should have waited until everyone left pit before going out on new cold tires. This caused me to be cautious (because I fell last year on cold tires at South) and being a little slower than the others. So from now on, I will wait until there is a gap and then roll out on cold tires if necessary. So, I'm always learning and the next track day I will learn something else and hopefully without getting hurt or breaking the bike.

Discuss it, Learn from it and try not to replicate it! There are so many people I feel comfortable running 150 MPH with but I always give other riders room (except Aman) and I expect to be given room in return (except from Aman).

What's the saying? No Trophy for a track day.

R/
GDFTHR   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:24:49 AM by GDFTHR »

meanstrk

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure that is what Ron intended.

What I intended was to show that, twice now, the antics of a control rider with this org has taken out riders. The "discussion" part is to recognize the problem, and look internally to recognize that "our" CR's seem to not be prone to such gross miscalculations and negligence. To go on and blame the rider after the fact is utter gross incompetence IMHO. The way I see it, and sometimes video does not tell all, is that this could have been completely avoidable had the CR adhered to the 6' passing rule AND been less aggressive.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.