Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: suspension problem i think  (Read 8079 times)

sportracer07

suspension problem i think
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »

Hey guys i have been having some issues with my bike. Its an 02 ZX6r. I have had this issue with dunlop q2's and continental contimotions. Granted both sets of tires were pretty worn. The issue im having is the bike sliding in right hand turns, its pushing the front end, and kinda wallows, for lack of a better word.  At first i blamed it on worn tires, but if that was the case wouldnt it slide in left hand turns also?  A friend tld me that its just me, but last time it slid really bad,i almost went down, and it left a black mark so im sure its actually sliding.  Why would it only slid in right hand turns, could it be suspension? My bp?  Does great with brand new tires, but once they were some it happens again..This is a street bike, i have .90 race tech springs up front with 5w oil, and a penske rear shock if it matters.

moto1320

Re: suspension problem i think
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:32:03 PM »

Did you get the suspension set up at the track? It sounds like your talking about the rear sliding but you only specified the front?

sportracer07

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »

No it has not been set up by anyone other than me. And i admit im not that good at it.  And its the front that slids.  The rear never seems to slid,it always seems to push the front but only in right hand turns. This is my street bike, so no track time on it at all.

Ruhe 52

suspension problem i think
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:18 AM »

The first thing that comes to mind is more right hand turns but it's not a track bike and I don't know where you ride so could it be rights are tighter turns than lefts on the street. BP could be a cause got any picks of you in right hander and left hander?
Having the suspension dialed in if you are riding agro enough to push the front on the road I would consider it more important. Less margin for error. When was the last time you refreshed the suspension.?How many miles on the bike? How worn is worn on those tires?

Typed by thumbs
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:59:53 AM by Ruhe 52 »

sportracer07

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:04 AM »

Ruhe my tires have about 35 percent left. I am more comfortable in a left hand turn but the right hand turns I'm sliding in are long sweepers where u can really lean the bike.   I dnt push very hard on the street. But I do usually wear leather and normally put a knee down a few times each ride. If it was my Bp wouldn't it also do it with new tires or not?   And the bike has 172000 miles on it. And no that's not a typo lol.  The suspension has about 15000 miles on it since I changed the fluid and other than springs it's stock suspension.  As far as the rear Penske shock I just put it on this season. But it is an older 8981 shock and I personally have never had it serviced

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »

let me do some research. Part of me wants to say less than optimal set up tires worn. Have you checked every bolt on the front end? Nothing loose?
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

sportracer07

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »

Yep i have checked everything, nothing loose and everything is in good shape, no leaking fork seals etc...  Went through and loosed and retorqued everything per the owners manual..

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
  • Speed cost money, how fast do you wanna go?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:54:03 PM »

I can help.  Give me a call, there are just too many variables to go over via a message board. 9048810512
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 05:38:13 AM »

And the bike has 172000 miles on it. And no that's not a typo lol.

I'm going to guess that at least a couple of problems can be traced to this fact alone, lol. That's amazing, I've never heard of a motorcycle with 172,000 miles on it. That has to be some kind of record.  :clap:
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »

I'm going to guess that at least a couple of problems can be traced to this fact alone, lol. That's amazing, I've never heard of a motorcycle with 172,000 miles on it. That has to be some kind of record.  :clap:
:agree:
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

sportracer07

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »

here are a  few pics of my trusty ole ninja

sportracer07

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »

And steve thank you very much i will call you next week. I dnt want to bother you on  the weekend..

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

Steve 100% right. He will get you sorted for sure.

Mike Ruhe
CR 52
2009Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Partner Performance Riding Experience

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Fluidology, Inc.

• PRE Vendor
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

And steve thank you very much i will call you next week. I dnt want to bother you on  the weekend..
Call anytime,  if I can answer I will....With my fire dept. schedule and shop I try to answer the phone as much as possible
Steven Breckenridge
Fluidology, Inc.
Fluidology@comcast.net

moto1320

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 07:16:38 AM »

That's amazing, I've never heard of a motorcycle with 172,000 miles on it. That has to be some kind of record.  :clap:

There was an NCS'r that started doing track days on his CBR at right around a quarter million miles. Honda car engines were just big motorcycle engines for years.... those things can go forever.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 24 queries.