Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Camping at PRE Events  (Read 22627 times)

JRA

• Administrator
Camping at PRE Events
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »

We are doing the best we can to ensure that you don't have to pay additional monies at the gate at PRE events. There is nothing worse than showing up and getting hit with a camping fee, a power fee, or a gate fee (or sometimes all three).

Some things are beyond what we can provide. For instance if you want or need full RV hook up with water and sewer at VIR you'll have to pay the track additionally for that. The same is true for CMP. The 100 amp "Gold Lot" spots are not part of what we can provide. 

There are plenty of power poles in the North Paddock with regular receptacles, and also 50 amp RV plugs. If you need a 30 amp RV plug just pick up a 50 to 30 adapter at any RV store.

At CMP the camping access we provide is limited to 30 amp spots, so if you require 50 amps you'll have to plan not to run that second AC and have an adapter to step down to 30.

There are no track entry fees for riders or their guests provided the guests enter along with a PRE rider. This is true for every track. VIR and CMP do charge entry to the track for spectators, so if you have family or friends who want to watch the sure way to get them in at no cost is to have them enter when you do.

At Road Atlanta power and camping are free. There is generally a lot of power locations available, but having them all in working condition is not always the case. The power situation there has improved over the years but it's always a good idea to have generator. Entry is free for everyone.

This information will also be included in pre event emails prior to every track day.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 04:33:36 AM by JRA »
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
Re: Camping at PRE Events
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:37 AM »

Thanks for the early heads up John  :thumbup:
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

matt221

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »

Talk about added value to a trackday!  Thanks John, Mike and Charles that extra $75.00 at the gate was always a sore spot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt Paulson

IRISH
RACING

Banky2112

• Just here for the experience....
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »

Sweet thanks
Follow me on Instagram
@trash_panda_338

Follow me on the R1 forum
@Banky

Youtube search Travis Bankston

htyner

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

:D excellent !!!

kruzindoubledubs

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »

How much will it cost for rv hookup at vir this year? I think all of the power poles in north paddock are 50amp.

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 04:17:43 AM »

If you want full hook up with water and sewer you'll need to contact vir to arrange for renting an rv camping site, otherwise you are covered for power and camping in the paddoock at no charge. It doesnt matter if you have an rv, tent, or enclosed trailer, PRE already covered the costs.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:00:36 PM by JRA »
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 04:20:19 AM »

The power poles also have regular 120 volt recepticals too. If you need a 30 amp hook up just get an adapter from an rv store or make one (easy)
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

Mike55

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »

Every time I browse your forum I see something like this about PRE that's awesome and makes me excited to get down there to spend a weekend with you guys. I met Steve from Fluidology at Jennings last weekend and he spoke very highly of PRE which was no big surprise. He was very helpful and took good care of us with some cold tears and suspension issues. And btw John we had a great weekend this time and redeemed ourselves from last year's crash/monsoon debacle : )

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 08:57:57 AM »

I agree Steve is awesome. He's going to be providing trackside support at PRE events this year and we're really excited to be continuing that relationship. We'll be sending out a formal announcement about that soon.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

shell015

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »

How much will it cost for rv hookup at vir this year? I think all of the power poles in north paddock are 50amp.

Eric, the full hook up (water, sewer, electric) for RVs at VIR is in the upper gravel area near the stand alone shower/bathrooms in the north paddock area that overlooks the rollercoaster from T-14 to T-17.  Pretty much where no one sets up since it's so far from the tech shed and pit in/out area.  RVs/campers that plug into the power outlets in the general paddock area with the 15 amp standard plug and 50 amp RV outlet are no charge with the deal JRA has with VIR.  Just buy an adapter for your 30 amp plug to either go down to the 15/20 amp standard outlet, or a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter and you'll be good to go with the Weekend Warrior.

Come to think of it, I have an extra 30amp to 15amp adapter I'll give you when I see you at the track. You probably won't be able to run the microwave and AC at the same time on 15Amp, but that's a minor drawback. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:05:24 PM by shell015 »

Kruizen

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 04:05:44 PM »

Not me.

But a 50 to 30 adapter is pretty handy to have and pretty cheap at Walmart.

Hopefully see you at the track this year.

kruzindoubledubs

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »

I learned a few lessons with my new toy hauler last year. One of them was that not every power pole has a 30 amp plug. After that really warm night in the hauler I went and bought every adapter I could find at the rv store. I have also been saving my extra change over the winter for a couple eu2000's for patriot and busy south days.

I am just trying to plan ahead for the season since I have already taken vacation days for every PRE event in 2015!! :thumbup:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:01:27 PM by kruzindoubledubs »

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »

I am just trying to plan ahead for the season since I have already taken vacation days for every PRE event in 2015!!

Lol. SWEET!

Power is included and it doesn't matter what you are plugging in at VIR. At CMP you will have to pay the track extra if you need 30 or 50.

Edit: I should have realized I would derail the thread. :doh: Sorry, I'd like to keep in on topic for those who are looking for info on PRE policies.

If I had been faced with a 50 amp plug and I didn't have an adapter I would have just cut the plug off my trailer cable, stripped the ends of the wires, and stuck them directly into the 50 amp socket. The 50 amp socket wouldn't know the difference and niether would your trailer. It would work just fine, no kidding. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:01:23 AM by JRA »
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

kruzindoubledubs

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »

If I had been faced with a 50 amp plug and I didn't have an adapter I would have just cut the plug off my trailer cable, stripped the ends of the wires, and stuck them directly into the 50 amp socket. The 50 amp socket wouldn't know the difference and niether would your trailer. It would work just fine, no kidding.

I'm sure I would have electrocuted myself and knocked out all the power in VA if I attempted that
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 23 queries.