Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lots of questions (was: Coming back after fifteen years...)  (Read 1363 times)

RocketDan

• Control Rider
Lots of questions (was: Coming back after fifteen years...)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »

You will need to run some safety wire from the actual camera to the triple clamp. Something that keeps the camera from flying down the track should the bolt holding it to the mount comes loose.

You are smart to ask these questions ahead of time. Having to take your bike through tech multiple times is no fun.

Daniel Hughes
2015 R1

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
Re: Lots of questions (was: Coming back after fifteen years...)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2020, 05:50:53 AM »

I'd recommend drilling the GoPro camera case just at base, just above where the screw passes through to attach the case to the mount. I've done that with all of my cases, using an 1/8" drill bit and going slowly so it doesn't turn into a mess. Then use safety wire to wire it to a fixed mount - either the triple clamp itself or something on the triple that has been drilled and wired.

I'd also recommend lowering the RAM mount so the camera is closer to the key. Sure, right now it might not be in the way but as you get more proficient you might find the camera limiting your ability to get your head down....or at least being a limiting factor. Get the camera out of the way now and you'll remove a future 'obstacle' to improvement. And don't worry, with the wide field of view of these fisheye lenses you won't miss anything. In fact, you might just pick up a little more of the dash which might also be useful as a learning tool (RPM range, speed, etc)

Best of luck with the continued modifications to make that GSXR750 yours and looking forward to the 2021 season!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

JustAnotherSquid

• Used to ride a motorcycle
    • Charlotte Motorcycle Riders
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2020, 11:42:56 AM »

Thanks Monkeyman, I just ordered one of those cheap clear cases from Amazon and will set it up as you described.
2001 BMW R1100S | 2013 Suzuki GSX-R750

realpsi

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »

I have a Ram stem mount and it moves quite a bit.  Even the directions tell you it will move.  For a 360 camera reframing this won't be a problem, but for a GoPro style the movement might be an issue.

JustAnotherSquid

• Used to ride a motorcycle
    • Charlotte Motorcycle Riders
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »

Sure, right now it might not be in the way but as you get more proficient you might find the camera limiting your ability to get your head down....or at least being a limiting factor.

Thanks, I did reposition it based on your comments.  Shouldn't be a problem with clearance because even when tucked in I can't get under the screen.  I'm a freakin' Yeti.  Ever heard the phrase "monkey humping a football"?  That's me.  :D  From 2002:

Ended up with an aluminum case and safety-wired it to the top triple-clamp.  Works pretty good, thanks for the advice!   :thumbup:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:38:37 AM by JustAnotherSquid »
2001 BMW R1100S | 2013 Suzuki GSX-R750
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 22 queries.