Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Been around a long time  (Read 894 times)

Racerb0y

Been around a long time
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:42:23 AM »

Good morning,
    Im on board with PRE now for other track day clubs are waning in doing any more!! I've been riding since I was 10 yrs old, mostly dirtbikes, Yamaha man actually, my 1st bike was an Enduro 60.  Now, I've been racing since 1999, R1's.  I stopped competing last yr.  Getting too old now. but still fun.  Looking fwd to mtg. you all, heres me at the Ring couple yrs ago, got smoked by a European version R6,  stupid rental bike rev limiter... last yrs race at VIR, and my olden days racing as an Amateur. Im retired military, doing engineering work for the USMC, back in the day flew US Army Guardrail a/c.  for those in the know about various airframes & call signs, The first person to tell me what that means, I will give you a set of race stands at the July 27th full course.  V/R  Scott
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:03:14 AM by Racerb0y »
#143 / #743 (CCS) (ASRA)
14 R1
18 GSXR 750
11 CR450R
13 YZF450F
07 Zuma Pitbike
& a Long Board
07 Vmax
08 Ski Nautique

lucky13

Re: Been around a long time
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:14:27 AM »

Welcome to PRE!  From your introduction, it appears you will fit right in around here. Those pesky R6's are everywhere.

Many moons ago, I was a young airman in crypto electronics school with an assignment to the WWABNCP/Looking Glass program.  Days short of graduation, and due to a policy change around the lowering tensions of the cold war era, the WWABNCP program as it stood was gutted and I was out of my guaranteed job.  (Eventually I did get to do some flying around... however it was in the backseat of F-15 & F-16 fighters and a good bit of helo time as an aerial photographer.)

I recognized the reference to the Guardrail somewhere in the ol memory, but I did have to look it up.  The Beechcraft RC-12 Guardrail is a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection platform based on the Beechcraft King Air/Super King Air. The RC-12 specification represents a heavily modified platform that facilitates SIGINT collection through various sensors and onboard processors. 

Hopefully we will be able to get our track season under way by the summer!

Craige

Craige K12 #13  :n::i:
K8 GSX-R 600 | '13 250XC
http://lucky13moto.smugmug.com/PRETrackDays

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »

Welcome to PRE Scott!

Hopefully we'll all get to ride together - and hopefully sooner rather than later. There's a great bunch of people here at PRE (though I am admittedly a little biased) and we all do what we can to help each other out. Feel free to post up any questions you might have - though I sense you've got it covered based on your experience.

Looking forward to meeting you at one of our events!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

MBB1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 12:16:10 AM »

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but it seems to me that aviation military folks seem to all ride motorcycles.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R/
GDFTHR
SICILIAN RACING
"Well Done Is Better Than Well Said"

Natrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 12:50:14 AM »

Definitely quite a few of us. Maybe it’s the way both allow us to play with the funnest, fastest vehicles that our limited funds can get us - ones Uncle Sam bought and ones we can afford ourselves, lol. (Before anyone pokes fun at my use of “fast,” even a P3 is faster than ground transport, right?)
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Been around a long time
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 05:33:58 PM »

Fucking Top Gun Syndrome

Sent from Spinak’s samsuck phone
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:35:56 PM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

MBB1

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »

Top Gun!

That was the sole reason I joined the navy back in 1986!

New Top Gun coming out this summer!

R/
GDFTHR
SICILIAN RACING
"Well Done Is Better Than Well Said"

Racerb0y

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 06:13:38 AM »

funny how Hollywood would portray an aviator to ride a GPZ 750 (maybe a 900) on the tarmac even and without a helmet?  Ha! Like thats allowed, hell, I recall back in my days flying, you could barely get thru the gate on your bike if you did not have the gear, especially a damn base sticker!

Top Gun!

That was the sole reason I joined the navy back in 1986!

New Top Gun coming out this summer!

#143 / #743 (CCS) (ASRA)
14 R1
18 GSXR 750
11 CR450R
13 YZF450F
07 Zuma Pitbike
& a Long Board
07 Vmax
08 Ski Nautique

Racerb0y

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 06:41:25 AM »

Fast after lift off, I flew in a P3 back in the late 80's, cold war era, lots of ASW ops.  That is one stable A/C.  Very easy to fly, if you lose fwd thrust, just glide that beoch in. 

Definitely quite a few of us. Maybe it’s the way both allow us to play with the funnest, fastest vehicles that our limited funds can get us - ones Uncle Sam bought and ones we can afford ourselves, lol. (Before anyone pokes fun at my use of “fast,” even a P3 is faster than ground transport, right?)
#143 / #743 (CCS) (ASRA)
14 R1
18 GSXR 750
11 CR450R
13 YZF450F
07 Zuma Pitbike
& a Long Board
07 Vmax
08 Ski Nautique

Natrix

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »

Fast after lift off, I flew in a P3 back in the late 80's, cold war era, lots of ASW ops.  That is one stable A/C.  Very easy to fly, if you lose fwd thrust, just glide that beoch in.

Yeah, definitely a stable aircraft. Heck, pilots would let us take the controls on long routes to station or transatlantic flights; easier to keep straight and level than the Cessna 172’s I trained on as a civilian and maybe even the gliders my dad took me up in as a kid. Quite reliable, too. I was enlisted (AW) during that same time period you mention, and some of our planes were older than I was. There were very few major incidents in their long, busy history. That was a completely different life than the one I now lead, but I remember it very fondly.
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 36 queries.