Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New from the West Coast  (Read 1227 times)

Dunham

• Control Rider
Re: New from the West Coast
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »

It was good to meet you at CMP Andrew.  Hope to see you at VIR
The Motorcyclist Still Known as "Stock Shock John"

tunnelvision748

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 08:39:30 AM »

Hey Everyone,  I wanted to post this sooner, but I had to fly out for business the week after CMP.  I'm back now and catching up.

I had a great time at CMP with PRE, everyone was welcoming and friendly and I enjoyed meeting those I had the opportunity to meet with.

The overall experience was great and I'm glad I had a chance to finally get out on the track with some great people.  The control riders did a great job of showing me around the track and alerting me of slower riders.  Riding with Novice group, I feel like I got a pretty good pace towards the end of my first session, after that I got more more comfortable on that track.  I still need to work on Turn 1 and 11, but I'm confident I can improve there in the future.

Some comments on CMP:
1.  Not a fan of the sandy pit area, I have some plywood now for putting my bike up stands, but is there another solution to this?
2.  Bathroom / Showers could use a refresh
3.  The track is fast and technical, nothing like others Ive ridden in the past.  Has a nice flow to it.
4.  The coarse surface made things interesting, if they re-pave it, its going to be amazing.

A shout out to the emergency crews and track marshals, they did a great job of keeping everyone safe and responding to accidents.  By the way, how is everyone recovering from those accidents?  I hope our friend who went on a chopper ride is doing okay.

Overall I had a great time and I can't wait to ride CMP and with PRE again.

Going to look at my schedule and see if I can make it to VIR this month.

Thanks again everyone, awesome times!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »

Andrew it was great meeting you and thanks for the feedback.

Hope to see you at VIR

Cheers

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »

Good meeting you at CMP Andrew and glad to hear you had a great time.

We've all heard the rumors about the CMP repave but even if they don't do it the place is a blast to ride! Regarding the sandy pit area - the plywood you now have will work well or you could try putting an RV mat (or similar) under your tent. Another idea would be to spring for a garage space - perhaps splitting it with someone (or a few people) - which works out well.

Hope you've got VIR on your calendar for next week. Last time for PRE to be at VIR for the season and it should be a good time!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
#413 Yamaha R1M
Flying Monkey Racing
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 36 queries.