Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New from the West Coast  (Read 273 times)

tunnelvision748

New from the West Coast
« on: October 01, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks for the add to the forum.

I moved to the Southeast (Columbia, SC) from Southern California almost 2 years ago (yea, I know its a 180 lol).  I haven't done a track day since I moved out here and this weekend will be my first at CMP.  Before moving I used to go every 1-3 months.  Looking forward to riding all the tracks from Jersey to Barber.

I'm not a racer, I do track days for leisure, but I've shared the track with many and some pro's you've probably heard of.  I typically ride intermediate groups, unless there is an open session late in the day or a private track day. 

Here are some of my track training and experiences:

Training
California Superbike School (level 1&2)
Rich Oliver Mystery school
American Supercamp
SoCal Supermoto
10+ years street / canyon riding

Tracks:
Streets of Willow
Buttonwillow
AutoClub Speedway
Chuckwalla
Adams Kart Track

Bikes I've ridden on Track
Yamaha FZ09 (own)
Ducati 748 (own)
Yamaha R1
Yamaha R6
Yamaha Fz07
Yamaha R3
Yamaha MT10
Ducati 899
Ducati 1299
Aprillia RSV4
BMW S1000rr
Suzuki DRZ400 (super moto)

All the Yamaha's above where current and custom tuned, so they all left a good impression on me.

I like to keep up on Moto sports like MotoGP, WSBK, TT's, Motoamerica or anything bike related.

I'll be browsing this forum for ideas, info on tracks, tires, camping and classifieds.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you all.

Thanks.

Spinak 627

• Control Rider
  • dopo aver cavalcato una ducati la mia moto non ren
Re: New from the West Coast
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »

You've come to the right place my friend. Welcome to PRE. Make sure to come and introduce yourself at CMP this weekend
Matt Spinak
CCS Expert #627

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »

Welcome to PRE tunnelvision748 - we hope you have a great time riding with us this weekend at CMP!

That's an impressive pedigree of schools, tracks and bikes you've listed here!  In addition to all of the other great info you've provided it might be good if you told us your name....so we can get to know you a little more on a personal level.

Looking forward to meeting you and riding with you this weekend. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up or any other CR or PRE member for that matter. We're generally a very friendly and welcoming group.

"MonkeyMan" Mike
Flying Monkey Racing
15 Yamaha R1M
Wera #413
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

tunnelvision748

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »

How rude of me..

Name is Andrew, and I hate mosquitoes!

Natrix

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »

Welcome, Andrew.
How do you feel about ants? lol
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

tunnelvision748

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

Welcome, Andrew.
How do you feel about ants? lol

I've had my run in.. but they are easier to control.  Just not used to the monster ants out here.

I sat on my porch yesterday for 5 minutes and my arms and legs started itching.  I need to get used to wearing bug repellent.

RocketDan

• Control Rider
New from the West Coast
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »

Welcome Andrew!! I too hate mosquitos (I carry bug spray at all times)

Look forward to meeting you at CMP

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 05:58:36 PM by RocketDan »

tunnelvision748

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »

Welcome to PRE tunnelvision748 - we hope you have a great time riding with us this weekend at CMP!

That's an impressive pedigree of schools, tracks and bikes you've listed here!  In addition to all of the other great info you've provided it might be good if you told us your name....so we can get to know you a little more on a personal level.

Looking forward to meeting you and riding with you this weekend. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up or any other CR or PRE member for that matter. We're generally a very friendly and welcoming group.

Thanks MonkeyMan,

I've been fortunate to have some really great experiences.  Looking forward to meeting you as well.  I will keep you all in mind for any questions that may come up.

Experience with PRE has been great so far.

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 06:18:46 AM »

Thanks MonkeyMan,

I've been fortunate to have some really great experiences.  Looking forward to meeting you as well.  I will keep you all in mind for any questions that may come up.

Experience with PRE has been great so far.

And hopefully after this weekend at CMP you'll be adding riding with PRE to your list of great experiences!

Welcome again Andrew!!
"MonkeyMan" Mike
Flying Monkey Racing
15 Yamaha R1M
Wera #413
http://www.facebook.com/FlyingMonkeyMotorcycleRacing

djhurayt

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 08:07:29 AM »

Welcome Andrew.  I for one would like to talk to you at CMP this weekend.  Will you be there Sat, Sun, or both?  One of my bucket list tracks is Laguna Seca. It doesn't look like you have ridden there but would like to bend your ear about LS track days and what you know.

One of my biggest concerns is the sound level requirements. It sound like much over a factory exhaust and you are subject to be black flagged for the day.  Logistics of getting my bike out there is not an issue other than trying to hook up with a place to ship it to that I could uncrate it, ride, then re-crate the bike for a shipper to come pick it up.

Anyhow, what will you be ridding?  How would somebody find you? (tow vehicle description, enclosed/open trailer, look for the surfer looking dude, etc.)

Thanks, hope to see you Saturday at CMP, take care.
david
07 Honda CBR600RR
11 H-D XR1200X
08 Husky SMR450

tunnelvision748

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »

Welcome Andrew.  I for one would like to talk to you at CMP this weekend.  Will you be there Sat, Sun, or both?  One of my bucket list tracks is Laguna Seca. It doesn't look like you have ridden there but would like to bend your ear about LS track days and what you know.

One of my biggest concerns is the sound level requirements. It sound like much over a factory exhaust and you are subject to be black flagged for the day.  Logistics of getting my bike out there is not an issue other than trying to hook up with a place to ship it to that I could uncrate it, ride, then re-crate the bike for a shipper to come pick it up.

Anyhow, what will you be ridding?  How would somebody find you? (tow vehicle description, enclosed/open trailer, look for the surfer looking dude, etc.)

Thanks, hope to see you Saturday at CMP, take care.

Hi DJ, Glad to talk.  Below is my rig where you can find me, so feel free to stop by.  I will be there Friday through Sun, possibly Mon if the track allows.

As for Laguna, I've been there a number of times for racing events.  I've made the same inquiries you have regarding track days.  What I've been told by a number of sources including track day organizers, is that in order to comply with noise regs, they cone off sections of turn 5 and / or turn 6.  This slows traffic down considerably in the uphill section.  Apparently the acoustics going up the hill amplify the exhaust noise disturbing the nearby residents who decided it was a good idea to move next to a race track.

Your right about the factory exhaust, however I've seen some aftermarket exhausts like Graves that come with a removable restrictor that supposedly lower the decibels within an acceptable range at Laguna.  You'll have to do your own research on that.  I believe track day organizers do noise tests during inspection on all bikes.

I'll be bringing my Yamaha FZ09 and Ducati 748.  I usually ride the Yamaha first to learn the track, then switch to the other bike the following day.

**Logging in to tapatalk to upload pics

tunnelvision748

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 03:30:45 PM »

Here is my rig, trailer is new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tunnelvision748

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 03:33:47 PM »

Some old action shots on my bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the-uno

• KCCO
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »

Welcome to the East Coast and to PRE. Looking forward to riding with you and meeting you. Set up looks nice!
15 R1 308  :a:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

DonB

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 08:19:07 AM »

Great group to get started with on the east coast! No doubt in my mind that you found the right people , or , the right people found you  :tothetrack:
Don Black
16 Yamaha R1
Complete n00b
Thomasville , NC
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 37 queries.