Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Im glad Dani Perdrosa got fired  (Read 426 times)

coolestartist

• Choosing not to SURRENDER is how strength is made
Im glad Dani Perdrosa got fired
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:15:28 AM »

I recall after the late Nicky Hayden had won MotoGP in 2006, HRC was putting Perdrosa as the "front" rider for the MotoGP team. They were building the bike more to suit Perdrosa verse Hayden. Then fast forward 13 FREAKING YEARS LATER !!!

Perdrosa never claimed a MotoGP title... How in the hell did a guy keep a top factory ride all those years and never get it done?? Bottom line he was never going to claim that title. Just not championship material. For example, when my bosses catches sleeping at my desk AGAIN not gonna hear him say "Yep, Martin, thats management material." I told him I would get those TPS reports done when im damn well READY !

Point being, the MotoGP grid is very volatile. Guys coming going etc. Lorenzo got fired right before he wins two races in a row from Ducati LOL. Perdrosa got 13 seasons??
 :popcorn:
Chris
2016 Ducati 1299 (bike is insane)
2004 R1 (I thought this bike was fast)
2001 CBR 929 (someone stole this bike)
1999 CBR 900 (crashed this bike)
1991 CBR 600 (someone else stole this bike)

Kyle M

• Not sexy need not apply
  • Control Rider
  • Turn yo' head until you start to Break yo' neck
Re: Im glad Dani Perdrosa got fired
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »

I felt the same way back in 2006, and never liked the guy. Fast forward to 2015 and the movie Hitting the Apex. Pedrosa said some pretty sound stuff around how he felt after Simoncelli's death, and what he would have done differently. That made me question my thoughts on him. Then fast forward to 2016 and the whole drama with Marquez and Rossi. Once again I found Pedrosa saying the most level headed things during all that shit. Finally, watching "The Little Samurai" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2crBBKNyo) we get to see how sensitive he is to changes in the bike and begin to understand 1 reason why he had a ride so long, bike development.

In the end, we all do dumb things, and when we are young we make many mistakes, but I have seen behavior more recently from Pedrosa that I value and has changed my opinion.
Kyle Mathews
09 RM R1 #33

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 37 queries.