Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Josh Herrin Race 2 Road America  (Read 218 times)

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Josh Herrin Race 2 Road America
« on: June 02, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »

Is this fucking guy getting wise or what. I have always thought Josh a bit of a liability on the track. Sketchy moves that grand scheme never mattered but skittled a bunch of riders.
Today he road a masterful race. His patience and resolve outstanding.
Cam you and Garett best figure out how to get some fucking power
Mat Scholtz one of the best showings for WESTBY in a long time good job. I know you want to be in the mix but solid weekend at a track that has been at time just fucking mean as an x wife to you boys. Stanboli so smart he has the bike shut down before Chernobyl.
Dave Anthony heal up dude you are the man to race the race you did Sat and sit out today because of having broken ribs from earlier MX crash in the week.

Sent from Spinak’s samsuck phone
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

RocketDan

• Control Rider
Re: Josh Herrin Race 2 Road America
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:37:16 PM »

Road America brought some great racing again this year. Glad Scholtz had a better weekend than last year.

Those Suzukis are FAST!! And now they seem to turn as well as the Yamahas. The amount of corner speed Herrin was carrying was impressive. gonna be a long season for Graves boys if they don’t figure something out soon.

That was a great bit of strategy from Josh. Glad to see him showing some maturity

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Josh Herrin Race 2 Road America
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »

Dan my exact thoughts. He knows he has the talent but has figured out its application timing and strategy. Not brute force scud missile or mid corner IED attack where no one comes away.

Maturity. Good on him. He has a ton of talent. Wish them well as much as it makes me vomit in my mouth I am happy Suzuki has found something to make it fun again. This comes in cycles mid 90s 2006-9 Suzuki was a bad mutha fucka in US with the hacks riding their bikes.
Yamaha has had its day let them chase. They are same place in GP back paddock. Yamaha best get the front of the blade sharpening stone. The trickle down to the current gen R1 is amazing but they better start putting up or they are losing ground in a shrinking battlefield.

Sent from Spinak’s samsuck phone
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:48:09 AM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

bigshug1

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 06:24:40 AM »

Such good races - I get why Josh was upset with Tony for that last pass in race 1....but everybody KNEW that's exactly what he was going to do.

If he'd had the cool head and calculating strategy in race 1 that he had in race 2 - he'd have walked off with two first place finishes, I bet.

And how about Bobby Fong and SDK??? I was sure Gillim was going to be the man this year...but he's getting challenged more than anyone expected, I think.

I met the two supersport riders at the very posh, the very exclusive "Best Western" when MA was at VIR. Good dudes, for sure. Love this season, so far.
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

Natrix

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 12:43:38 AM »

Great racing all around for sure! Glad I subscribed to MA Live+ and that they did make the races available on demand. Still gotta go back to the VIR recordings to catch up on Stock 1000 races.
Camera coverage at Road America was also better than it has been there the past few years. Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m fairly sure that there was a segment of that track that used to be out of view of the cameras or camera stations that were operational or something, because all through the races they’d just show some boring pit/paddock or fan shots where truly nothing at all was happening whenever the rider group they were following got to that segment. It was pretty annoying. None of that this year, and it didn’t seem to be just because of the increased use of on-board cameras (something else I’m glad about).

Good to see Herrin maturing some. The temper flares at the checkered, etc., are understandable, and maybe a little entertaining, but Tony’s response was great. Gillim, too, freaking about Fong moving over to prevent drafting was also a bit of an overreaction, from what I could see. Losing sucks.

Josh Hayes seemed to be carrying more entry and corner speed than (almost?) everyone else. If they get more power out of that engine (assuming he’ll get more races in), look out.

Looking forward to more MA racing soon!
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 37 queries.