Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Intro and what is this fund raiser all about?  (Read 346 times)

djhurayt

Intro and what is this fund raiser all about?
« on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:39 AM »

I kind of introduced myself back in this thread:
http://www.preforum.net/index.php?topic=3429.0
This will be my first event with P.R.E.
3rd track day overall
1st was at CMP on my '08 Husky SMR450
2nd was at RA on my '11 H-D XR1200X
this time will be on my new to me '07 Honda CBR600RR
I'll be the old guy going real slow (no I mean really slow, I have exactly 0 miles on this scoot) in the first couple of session.  Please bear with me I will try to stay out of the way...

Anyhow had a GREAT time, you guys really do a nice event. :tiphat: So nice, that I signed up for your VIR-South air fence fund raiser event in June.

So that brings me to this:
What can I expect at this event.  I heard something about a spread of food (part of the reason I'm slow, I do like to eat) for a fee/donation, raffle prizes, auction (silent/live ???) . . .

For us new folks, will somebody talk about what happens other than bikes on track?  How much cash $$$ should one bring (already assuming the standard fund raiser answer: lots)?

And is there any literature available regarding this event that one could use to:
1) let more people (folks outside PRE / track biking) know about this event
2) try to solicit items for the event raffle/auction
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:43:20 AM by djhurayt »
david
07 Honda CBR600RR
11 H-D XR1200X
08 Husky SMR450

RocketDan

• Control Rider
Re: Intro and what is this fund raiser all about?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »

Glad you are having a good time riding with us and stoked you will be joining us for the fund raiser.

Saturday evening there will be what i would call a BBQ. Tons of grill cooked meat and a bunch of different sides and deserts. Bring your belt that loosens. A donation is taken for the food. I don’t think there is a required amount but I usually drop a twenty in the jar.

Then a little presentation about airfence and the purpose and mission behind the fundraiser.

Then comes the auction. There will be many items up for silent bid and also a number of live auctions and raffle drawings. This part is a lot of fun as bidding wars have been known to happen.

Oh, and don’t forget you ride the South course which is an amazing track.

Look forward to seeing you there!!

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Shoaf

• Control Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:53:47 AM »

Bring your check book! Proceeds go to the road racing world action fund (RRWAF) which is a 501 (c) (3). Meaning tax deductible.

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »

We're definitely still looking for donations. Anything we can auction we would generally accept.

We'll have a big tent set up at the back of the paddock where we'll hold the dinner and auctions. How much money should you bring? All you have obviously, lol.

Corry and Kevin will once again be doing the BBQ. I believe they are doing both chicken and pork. They smoke it all day long beginning early Saturday morning. We always can use extra side dishes so anyone who wants to bring something please feel free.

Dinner will begin at 7:00 but people usually start hanging out at the tent shortly after the riding concludes for the day. Bring a chair, bring a beverage, and have a great time.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

spiderman636

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 08:31:40 AM »

It's a great event. Personally, it's my favorite event because it's a really fun and technical track but also because of the comraderie in the paddock and the actual fundraiser is alot of fun. Definitely a family event as well.

My suggestion is bring check book instead of cash that way you can spend whatever you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

djhurayt

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:32:03 AM »

I was going to drop by some of the motorsports performance vendors in my area to solicit donations be it $$$ or products.

Obviously with $$$ their cancelled check would be a 501(c)3 donation receipt.  How do I get them a receipt if they are offering up product for the raffles/auctions?

david

david
07 Honda CBR600RR
11 H-D XR1200X
08 Husky SMR450

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 37 queries.