Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Track Junkie , Thanks Taylor Wells! :p  (Read 1287 times)

DonB

New Track Junkie , Thanks Taylor Wells! :p
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:41:04 PM »

I am a brand new aspiring track day junkie that has never set foot on a track before. First official days will be 4/20/19-4/21/19 at NCBike. Taylor Wells has been a major help for me in getting prepared for all of this. And thank you sooo much , Taylor , for taking your time to speak with me frequently.

I did manage to make it out to the first PRE track day on 4/1/19 at VIR in order to get my bearings, sat in on riders meetings , watched the tech inspections , and annoyed the hell out of a few people while asking too many questions LOL. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me that day.

See you all on the track very soon! :)
Don Black
16 Yamaha R1
Complete n00b
Thomasville , NC

dbosch11

• Newbie For Life!
  • Control Rider
  • GWC
Re: New Track Junkie , Thanks Taylor Wells! :p
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »

Welcome Don!

Keep asking the questions! I still ask questions myself.
We look forward to see you at NCBike! Let any coach or rider know if you need anything. 
d11b
10 r6

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »

Welcome Don. Look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

seasnake

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 02:37:09 AM »

Look for the OTP boys.  We’ll be glad to talk to you. :thumbup:
Dave Miller
'14 S1000RR
OTP #11

DonB

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 04:50:04 AM »

I surely will be bugging a lot of people  :D . I have tons to learn and want to get fast so I can play with the big boys.

Hopefully I can get out there and get a feel for everything quickly. The hardest part for me I think will be getting used to my new leathers I bought from Tom and Susan last week. Never have worn any before and they are all up in my junk LOL.

Short background on me...I've been riding since I was 5 (43 now) , raced a bit of MX in my preteens. Raced ABA BMX for many years and still did a little up into my 30's. Have owned sport bikes most of my adult life since I was 18 , but have never been a hardcore rider. Never done any canyon carving or knee dragging , but , I have always loved my corners but never felt safe enough to push it too hard. But now life has finally taken a turn to allow me to do something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember :clap:

Wish me luck because I want to push myself hard , in a safe manner of course. I know I am going to have my hands full since talking a bunch of crap to Taylor Wells. But , I will say it to him again...One day you are gonna have to try to keep up with me , Taylor :p

Don Black
16 Yamaha R1
Complete n00b
Thomasville , NC

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 05:21:38 AM »

Welcome Don. Feel free to call Taylor frequently with every question you have. :D

Seriously, take the approach of learning in baby steps. Lots of people enter and leave the sport quickly due to trying too hard. A big crash or injury has a way dampening your enthusiasm. Just take it slowly and steady and you'll have a great time.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

NicNac337

• Control Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 07:42:57 AM »

Hey Don! It was nice meeting you. We all look forward to seeing you at NCBike! <Two weeks!!  :clap:
Nicole #337
2011 YZF-R6
Charlotte, NC

DonB

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »

It seems you will all see me in Atlanta on 5/4 & 5/5 also  :thumbup: I will also be in Little Tally at the end of May and will have to start making my June and July plans soon
Don Black
16 Yamaha R1
Complete n00b
Thomasville , NC

Taylor 22

• Control Rider
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »

Thanks Don....👍. I think you’ll find this is a very helpful organization... from staff to riders it’s an awesome group and I believe I can speak for everyone by saying “you’re about to have the best time ever”....!!!! Looking forward to NCBIKE!!!! 🏍🏍
Taylor Wells
PRE CSR
(855)RIDE-PRE

'15 r6 #22
'03 yz250f #22
'01 xr100 #22

byronpete21

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 06:21:40 AM »

Don, it was great to see you out there on Monday. I too have to say that as a new track day guy Taylor was an awesome person to talk too and share my paddock space with. His dog is pretty awesome as well, I'm pretty sure that having a paddock dog around is good for at least 5 seconds a lap off your best lap times.

Best regards,

Byron

Natrix

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

You gotta get the “Casper Says Wooo!” sticker to get that lap time advantage.
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »

Don, it was great to meet you and great riding with you. You were looking great out there. Look forward to seeing you out on track again soon.

Cheers

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Echs332000

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 08:18:26 AM »

Nice meeting you Don,

I was parked right next to you in the white toy hauler.  Tall black guy

Those kabobs smelled amazing!!
2011 ZX10r
2007 R6
2014 ZX10r
I-Group

VIR IS THE DEVIL!

DonB

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »

I want to give a HUGE thank you to PRE for helping me make a childhood dream come true! this was the most amazing experience I have had in my entire life! Your staff did one hell of a job on and off of the track. I had so many helpful people around me , including other riders. I don't have anything else to compare it to yet , but PRE is full of some top notch people. I hope you will all continue to welcome me for a long time to come :)

The adrenaline is still pumping right now LOL. BTW those kabobs sure were tasty  :D

Oh , and I once again want to apologize for my mistake in turn 1 , I still feel like an ass.....Other than that , see you all in Atlanta!  :thumbup:
Don Black
16 Yamaha R1
Complete n00b
Thomasville , NC

apexprophoto

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »

I want to give a HUGE thank you to PRE for helping me make a childhood dream come true! this was the most amazing experience I have had in my entire life! Your staff did one hell of a job on and off of the track. I had so many helpful people around me , including other riders. I don't have anything else to compare it to yet , but PRE is full of some top notch people. I hope you will all continue to welcome me for a long time to come :)

The adrenaline is still pumping right now LOL. BTW those kabobs sure were tasty  :D

Oh , and I once again want to apologize for my mistake in turn 1 , I still feel like an ass.....Other than that , see you all in Atlanta!  :thumbup:

videos
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/calM7zThcow" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BpidO1Lzy2k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NdLpBScKR6c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 37 queries.