Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VIR visual cue help  (Read 254 times)

seasnake

VIR visual cue help
« on: April 05, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »

I have a really hard time with this turn with picking up the right visual marker.  What do you guys use?

This last event I was trying to use the cornerworker stand and it helped a little.  I really want to tighten up my lines here to get better drive out.
Dave Miller
'14 S1000RR
OTP #11

Steve Gould

• Control Rider
Re: VIR visual cue help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 09:06:35 AM »

The guy in the pic is th line I take now. I used to apex tight on th curbing. When you carry as much speed as you can and apex tight on the curb, you are holding a lot of lean angle all the way through and I couldn’t get on the gas without spinning. I watched Scholtz and the other fast pros go through 5. They apex four or five feet out from the curbing. There’s a black patch that I use and go just outside it. That allows you to get the bike turned, stand it up and get on the gas. Listen to Scholtz go through there....it sounds like he never lifts on the way iin and through th turn.

Next VIR North day we will arrange a track walk th night before. We can talk about the whole place!

Stony

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 02:36:56 PM »

I struggle with the same turn. It's a bit blind as you enter 5. I know I'm leaving a lot of speed on the table.
#77 Ken - Raleigh NC
2016 R6
2006 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600
2015 K1300S
2018 Grom!!!!

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »

It’s 5b where I need to find a good visual queue. After I drive past the apex of 5a I never seem to drift out and turn in for 5b consistently.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

lucky13

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 05:28:39 PM »

Next VIR North day we will arrange a track walk th night before. We can talk about the whole place!

Count me in!
Craige K12 #13  :n::i:
K8 GSX-R 600
http://lucky13moto.smugmug.com/PRETrackDays

Spinak 627

• Control Rider
  • 2011 GSX-R 750
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »

Once I get about halfway through 5a and 5b I'll look past 5b to the first left hand apex (I highlighted in red). That usually sets me up pretty well for the 5b apex and then of course throughout the esses for a strong exit

Matt Spinak
CCS Expert #627

Nathan Seethaler

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 12:32:14 PM »

I have been trying to cut it as close as possible to the rumble strip to allow me to get on the gas ASAP, but I definitely want to try out what Steve is talking about. I have noticed that MA riders don't seem to let off at all in that section.

Steve Gould

• Control Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:06 PM »

Nathan, try the line I was talking about. You will understand how the fast guys gas it through there like they do.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 37 queries.