Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 67522 times)

jcrich

Re: Tells us about yourself
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 06:59:41 AM »

I am the same guy as over at the other place.  :D Started track days back in 2006 courtesy of our own Mr Allen, who took me under his wing and showed me what this sport is all about. Moved back to Florida in 2012 and have only done a couple days since then. Sold my bike in March of last year as I thought I was done, but I am again hearing the siren's song. Should be rectifying the no bike condition this weekend if the weather cooperates.

shawnf

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »

Guys I was just kidding about the name changes and what I said was really just for poking Aman. Whatever name you want to use here is just fine. :D

It's all good.  This was/is my SN on NESBA.  Always good to poke fun at one another.  :)

Come to think of it, my SN was entirely different over there.  I REALLY NEED to get back on the track...

Danboy713

• A CR in a distant Galaxy from a long time ago
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »

I started with Nesba back in 2004 where I promptly went off in turn 4 at VIR North and wound up spinning on my belly like a turtle through turn 5. Nesba CR's grabbed my dumb ass and promptly gave me insight into what became a 40 plus day a year addiction for quite a few years. I wouldn't leave so in 2005 they put an orange shirt on me and at least got some work from me or at least get me to stop bothering them. Throw life in the way a few years back and now I talk of the track like the old days, I had to give it up for a while. I've been trying to supplement my addiction with enduro and motocross when I can and its not cutting it. Not to mention falling hurts more these days. Bounced off a rock a little while back and had time to think that no highside ever hurt like that. Looking to make a comeback and see if I remember how to get around a racetrack. I see they made Tayloris staff around here....back in the days of the nose bleed stories he was known as Lander and Peanut was actually a young man at that point...no wait that was Gould. Peanut was always old. What's this world coming to.

meanstrk

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »

Ron here. I hail from the metropolis of Carthage, NC. Been track riding for over 10 years and felt at home with NESBA until the crash and burn, though I occasionally ride with other orgs and coach sometimes as well. I have come to respect how John Allen runs things, and know this will go just as well and excited to watch the birth of his baby. I also do custom paint as a hobby to try and offset my track costs and many know me by Trading Paint. I am in the process of building a new bike now, and look forward to shaking it out on track soon with all of you!

craigo298er

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

My name is Craig, and I'm an addict. I work on an oil rig, currently in Angola, and try to ride at least one weekend each time I'm home. I decided in 2011 to save some money and immediately did the smart thing and spend it on California Superbikes School out at NOLA just as it opened. Having previously never ridden a sport bike (just dirt and my GS), it was an awesome change. In '12 I decided to buy a Tuono and signed up for two more CSS days at NJMP, and then went to Barber with my Tuono in November with NESBA, and promptly did a superman in T2. Thought better of throwing a nice bike around again and bought the R6 and have done about 20 track days at Jennings, Mid-Ohio, & CMP.  Here's to hoping PRE's schedule lines up with mine more!

TDG 68

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »

Guys I was just kidding about the name changes and what I said was really just for poking Aman. Whatever name you want to use here is just fine. :D

I know, just thought it was funny  ;)
Tim Gettier
A  #68
02 RC-51
06 CBR1000RR

DanQ

• Geriatric
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Hi!

About me:  My name is Dan and I like motorcycles.  Oh... and beer is good.  And I don't walk with a limp.  Other than that, I'm kinda the human "Grumpy Cat."

See y'all at the tracks  :popcorn:
DanQ

virtualsolitude

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »

Hey everyone. Mike here. Long-time member (and lurker) on NESBA.

As of 2012, been riding an R6 street bike. Did 3 track days on it last year with NESBA and another org. This year, I'm currently working on readying a track bike.

Had a gixxer 600 street bike in the early 2000s and was introduced to NESBA and track riding. Rode street and track for 2 years and sold the bike when the family expanded.

Before that, I last owned a bike FZR 600 in 1990. Did Keith Code's CSS at Topeka KS. Being on track and going WOT was new and scary. I wasn't ready for track riding at the time, honestly, and the clouds of dust (from my off-road excursions) proved as such. :) I did keep the rubber side down each time though.

Since the 1990s, I've been without a bike more than with a bike. But daydreaming of riding one again was always front and center. And so, mostly, every Spring season sucked when the sounds of motorcycles start turning their wheels. Those days used to remind me of what I didn't have: a bike.  :banghead:

p.s., my screen name is the same as before.

- O
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:51:07 AM by virtualsolitude »

shawnf

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »

Great to see you here Shawn, hope to see you make some events with PRE!

Hey Kenny!  Sorry, missed this as I wasn't getting notifications on this thread.  I'm hoping to make some trackdays this year out East, with PRE so can shoot the chit with you, Plimmer, Scott and others.  Been far too long since we've all been on the track together.  Well, okay, I'm guilty on that one...   :banghead:

Now that Chad's bike is being restored, it's definitely becoming more of a reality.  It'll probably be later in the season, since I need to finish a number of things on the bike still (I'm supposed to be picking it up this afternoon). 

warregl

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »

Hi all. My name is Carey. Like many of us I grew up on dirt bikes, then graduated to street bikes in high school, and finally to sportbikes in college. I ended up selling my bike to make tuition my senior year, thinking that I would buy another after I graduated. Well, life happened and one day I woke up and I was 40 (still trying to figure out how that happened). So I decided it was time to get back on the horse.

Knowing I was no longer 21 (therefore no longer bullet proof) I took the MSF rider course. While it was useful I really wanted more so I asked the guys at my bike shop and they recommended the California Superbike School. After that my riding focus went from the street to the track very quickly. I did the full CSS curriculum (and then some) and have been doing track days for the few of years.

My primary goals are to challenge myself and make some memories with the great people I have meet at the track. I know I will never be fast but like I tell my non-riding friends, I’m faster than those who don’t try it.  :)
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one." - HST

Irish01

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

Damn, I was gonna go with Debbie too.  :( you know let my hair grow out and all  :D
:ws:
IRISH
RACING

Irish01

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »

Hi!

About me:  My name is Dan and I like motorcycles.  Oh... and beer is good.  And I don't walk with a limp.  Other than that, I'm kinda the human "Grumpy Cat."

See y'all at the tracks  :popcorn:

whaaa, wait a sec  :cool:  TAYLOR, Dan Q. is makin fun of us again! Ok, seriously, how your knees brotha, keep thinkin your fine then I remember! Hope their being nice to you!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:29:58 PM by Irish01 »
IRISH
RACING

Irish01

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

Hi all. My name is Carey. Like many of us I grew up on dirt bikes, then graduated to street bikes in high school, and finally to sportbikes in college. I ended up selling my bike to make tuition my senior year, thinking that I would buy another after I graduated. Well, life happened and one day I woke up and I was 40 (still trying to figure out how that happened). So I decided it was time to get back on the horse.

Knowing I was no longer 21 (therefore no longer bullet proof) I took the MSF rider course. While it was useful I really wanted more so I asked the guys at my bike shop and they recommended the California Superbike School. After that my riding focus went from the street to the track very quickly. I did the full CSS curriculum (and then some) and have been doing track days for the few of years.

My primary goals are to challenge myself and make some memories with the great people I have meet at the track. I know I will never be fast but like I tell my non-riding friends, I’m faster than those who don’t try it.  :)

Welcome Carey! You couldn't picked a better group of guys to ride with! Look forward to meeting ya!
IRISH
RACING

DanQ

• Geriatric
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »

whaaa, wait a sec  :cool:  TAYLOR, Dan Q. is makin fun of us again! Ok, seriously, how your knees brotha, keep thinkin your fine then I remember! Hope their being nice to you!!

I think I had Taylor beat on the limping a few years back at RA.  It was so bad JRA said to see him in the morning, and when he saw me walking he crossed me off the list before I got to him.  Knees have been doing well, but they will never be back to perfect.  They are good enough to ride MUCH more this year than last. 
DanQ

Dave561

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »

I came over just to see Kyle's hair
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 37 queries.