Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 71128 times)

JRA

• Administrator
Tell us about yourself
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »

As more people find their way to PRE Forum.net we wanted to give you a place to introduce yourself. Even the funny guys who thought changing their screen name used on other boards might make it difficult to figure out who they are.  :D

Help us put a face to your screen name and introduce yourself.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:33:27 AM by Sig »
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

denbsteph

• Oh hell here we go again
Re: Tells us about yourself
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »

I'll be the first, I guess.

Been doing TD's since 2011, did my first TD on my FZ1. After that it was all down hill. I have done YCRS, RA, Barber, VIR N, VIR S, NCBIKE, NJMP. I'm currently debating wether to put my R6S back together or get another bike. I had a off road experience at NCBIKE which caused the demise of the motor. Looking to return in 2015...............After 24 yrs of service, I'm retiring from my job in 2015.......... :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:53:46 AM by denbsteph »
??????????????????

Mac_man

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:51:09 AM »

Former forum name was 03bueller, but the buell is totalled so figured I'd change. Did my first track day back in 2010 at VIR-S, crashed out and got myself a wambulance ride and have been hooked ever since.

Lost my job in 2011 and started a new business so I only did 2 weekends in 2011, 1 in 2012, 1 in 2013. This year I'm hoping to step it back up and do 5-7 weekends :)
2013 Daytona 675R (double duty for now)
2006 ZX-6R (track)
2003 Speed Trip (street, in pieces)

Proud owner of BW Tools LLC, a Mac Tools franchise

shad0ws

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »

Hi, I'm Ben. I'm slow...

09 R6
"An Intermediate Paced Rider"

shawnf

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »

Hello, name is Shawn.  Go by Fjorn on many other forums.  Did my first track day in '04 or so.  Then a couple here and there until I sold my '03 R1 in '06 and got into MX for a while.  Then, got back into trackdays a few years later after getting an '07 R1.  Did two seasons, then life started to fall apart in 2010 due to a serious car accident, financial issues and subsequently a divorce.

Now, I'm in the process of restoring the R1 (engine rebuild, suspension, etc) and returning to the track after four years.  Haven't ridden with NESBA, but know many riders in the area (I live in MN)).

Gearheaded

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 03:17:15 PM »

Hello all!

My name is Chris. I go by Gearheaded on most forums that still have the name available. I've been riding since 2011. My first motorcycle was a 2009 R1. After learning the hard way that Florida roads are boring I decided to dedicate myself to the race track. My 09 would eventually take a big tumble at Jennings in April of 2013. After a year long hiatus of saving and focusing on my new job I came across a 2008 r6 with only 4,000mi on it :) I can't wait to meet many members from here and share track time with you guys.

Here she is before the crash on the street:

Here she is before she was gone forever (big crash at Jennings) :(

And here's the new girl, the forks are being rebuilt right now, so she's quietly resting in the garage

Here's my ugly mug. If you ever see me trackside or out anywhere, feel free to approach me, I only bite if you ask lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:22:56 PM by Gearheaded »

z064life

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:56 PM »

Hello all!

My name is Chris. I go by Gearheaded on most forums that still have the name available. I've been riding since 2011. My first motorcycle was a 2009 R1. After learning the hard way that Florida roads are boring I decided to dedicate myself to the race track. My 09 would eventually take a big tumble at Jennings in April of 2013. After a year long hiatus of saving and focusing on my new job I came across a 2008 r6 with only 4,000mi on it :) I can't wait to meet many members from here and share track time with you guys.

Well we know this group will take anyone if you are here.

And I call :bs on you meeting members unless they go all the way to FL  :popcorn:

I'm also Chris and go by z064life on all of them...except on the ones we troll, in which case Rexmitchell takes my forum name long before I sign up  :rofl:

Anyway, 1st bike was in Aug '10 which was an '08 R6S.  I then sold that to a buddy so he'd have a bike and I got a '10 R1 in March '11.  Jason told me I should take it to the track so with ~ 300 miles I got my 1st taste of the track.  About a month later, I had a not so plesant experience with the wall at T10 of Putnam Park which took me out of riding for ~8 weeks to recover from back surgery, but I was on track as soon as I could after. 

Got my I bump at Road Atlanta in '12 and my A bump a few weeks later at BeavRun (PittRace).  This year isn't looking great for me but I'm going to try to make as many PRE days as I can (hopefully more come up on weekends).

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:58:36 PM by z064life »

ADVRacer

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:01:55 PM »

If we haven't met, I'll introduce myself.  My name is Scott, I did my first couple trackdays in Sicily in 2008 on my 07 BMW R1200GS Adventure.  My first TD in the US was with NESBA in Oct 10 at VIR Patriot on the BMW.  I bought my 06 R6S in early 2011 and have done nearly 50 Track Days since.  I'm one of the "Sicilian Racing" guys, if you don't see our banner, you'll smell the cooking or hear the laughter.  Stop by and chat, I'm sure we'll have a cold beverage to share.  I'll see you all out there.
ADVRacer
06 Yamaha R6S
"Sicilian Racing"

denbsteph

• Oh hell here we go again
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »

If we haven't met, I'll introduce myself.  My name is Scott, I did my first couple trackdays in Sicily in 2008 on my 07 BMW R1200GS Adventure.  My first TD in the US was with NESBA in Oct 10 at VIR Patriot on the BMW.  I bought my 06 R6S in early 2011 and have done nearly 50 Track Days since.  I'm one of the "Sicilian Racing" guys, if you don't see our banner, you'll smell the cooking or hear the laughter.  Stop by and chat, I'm sure we'll have a cold beverage to share.  I'll see you all out there.

Lies all lies, he is a poser and a wanna be........ :haha:
??????????????????

Gearheaded

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »

Well we know this group will take anyone if you are here.

And I call :bs on you meeting members unless they go all the way to FL  :popcorn:

First off, screw you lol

Secondly, I still plan on being at road Atlanta, and traveling to one more track this year... So screw you buddy. PJ and I will ride again without you there, how convenient :popcorn:

TrackSide Gear

• PRE Vendor
  • We've Got You Covered
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »

Hi,
  My name is Tommy Tapscott.  Along with my wife Susan and my son Andrew we are TrackSide Gear.  We have been riding motorcycles, 4-wheelers, etc. since we were big enough to walk, but it was only a few years ago that we started riding sport bikes.  In 2010 I did my first track day at Summit Point-Main, then in 2011 Susan and I both did a track day at VIR-N.  I was absolutely hooked!  Unfortunately circumstances arose that meant selling our bikes, but we couldn't shake the desire to get back to the track.  We missed the sights, the sounds, meeting people in the paddock, in short, the whole atmosphere of trackday.  We also wanted to find a way to support the organization that promoted the very things we love to do. This is how TrackSide Gear was born.  I knew from experience that the initial cost of gear was keeping a lot of people from their first trackday.  If we could rent gear, more people could get a taste of what we all love, it would get us to the track more often, and also support the organization.  So last year we took a leap of faith, bought a few suits, and showed up at Road Atlanta hoping that John would let us set up our stand.  He did, we had a great weekend, and we were at almost all of last years South East events.  We meet a lot of people, made a lot of new friends, and had a great summer!  We are very excited about the upcoming season with PRE and looking forward to meeting more people and making even more friends!  I'm also looking forward to getting a bike so I can spend some on the track and not just beside the track!  We are here because we love it, we love the people and we support the organization.  Let us know how we can help you or your friends trackday experience.  Thank you.
TrackSide Gear
"We support the sport"
Tommy & Susan

HondaGalToo

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »

Ok, I'll go next, these threads are fun. A lot of you may already know me. If not in person, then from the nesba board.

Anyway, I learned to ride some 30+ years ago on friends' bikes. The first bike I bought in 1986 was an '82 Yamaha XS650. Scraped stuff on it following friends on sportbikes, so the next bike was a '92 FZR600. Did, um, "spirited" riding with friends on the backroads of Hunterdon county, NJ. This one friend had started riding on the track for one or a few years with Reduc Sportbike Association (the northeast's first trackday organization, founded in 1992). I was hesitant and wanted instruction first, so she and I attended a Reg Pridmore CLASS at NH raceway in 1995. As soon as I got home, I joined Reduc. Rode with them every season until they sold out to Sportbike Tracktime in 2006. My bikes changed during that time. The fizzer was replaced with a 1995 Ducati 900 SS SP, then an '01 Honda CBR 929, all of which were used for street and track.

Reduc, and then STT didn't have a lot of weekends at BeaveRun. I wanted to ride there during the summer. I wasn't real fond of the way the northeast STT days were run compared to Reduc (no flaming, STT isn't even in the northeast anymore). And, they had no summer weekends at the Beave.

In July 2007, I did my first nesba day at BeaveRun. I now had an '07 GSXR 600, which I turned into a dedicated track bike. Finally. I was very impressed with the way nesba ran their days. Everything ran like clockwork, and the days were safe and fun. The CRs were great and attentive; I learned a lot. Nesba offered a lot more days than Reduc had, since Reduc was a small, volunteer run local club. So, my addiction grew further and I started doing a lot more days. :D

Somewhere in there, I attended other riding schools, the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School and the Yamaha Champions Riding School.

I  made so many good friends at the track. It's been a great experience, and I look forward to continuing with PRE when I have the time to travel south, and N2 up here at my local tracks. Good times! I won't be able to do the 20+ days I had done for awhile, but I'll still get out when I can!

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! If you see me at the track, come and say hello! :)
Judy
2007 GSX-R 600

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:19 PM »

Great post Judy. I never knew most of that stuff and you've been a familiar face for a long time.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »

Also welcome Tommy! I'm sure we can use this message board to let more people know about you.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

crash675

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »

Hi I'm Daniel and I have been an addict since a yamaha demo day at vir in 2009.  :D
D Reagan
Wera Novice #320
09 zx6
09 675
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 22 queries.