Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Phillip Island  (Read 790 times)

griffonrider

Phillip Island
« on: February 23, 2019, 09:58:39 PM »

If you're a Ducati fan, you'll love the results at the opener for WSBK.  If you want to see a good race, just watch the Superpole sprint race.  Personally, I'm a big fan of Ducati and although it's only the first round and Melandri did the double last year only to fall far short later on in the season, I'm looking forward to the 2019 season and seeing Ducati take the title back from Kawasaki. 
Mike
'07 Ducati 1098 (Track)
'11 R6 (Track) <SOB is tryin' to kill me>sold to an up and coming MotoAmerica rider.
'03 Harley Lowrider (Street)
'76 Kawasaki KZ 900 (Garage Queen)

F__k the dumb shit, let's ride!!!!

coolestartist

• Choosing not to SURRENDER is how strength is made
Re: Phillip Island
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »

If you're a Ducati fan, you'll love the results at the opener for WSBK.  If you want to see a good race, just watch the Superpole sprint race.  Personally, I'm a big fan of Ducati and although it's only the first round and Melandri did the double last year only to fall far short later on in the season, I'm looking forward to the 2019 season and seeing Ducati take the title back from Kawasaki.

I gotta be honest with you... I was really shocked. Not only did Alvaro Bautista make a historic win, he complete crushed everyone !!! It wasn't even a close battle. I personally considered his motoGP career as lack luster. I really didn't think he was gonna be this good !!! I am just now reading the news... unreal !!!

Looks like a new Sheriff is in town.

Chris
2016 Ducati 1299 (bike is insane)
2004 R1 (I thought this bike was fast)
2001 CBR 929 (someone stole this bike)
1999 CBR 900 (crashed this bike)
1991 CBR 600 (someone else stole this bike)

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »

Philip Island is a unique track. And Bautista did finish 4th last year in the MotoGP race. Could just be the track, but I hope Bautista can bring a real fight to Rea and make this an interesting season.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

coolestartist

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »

Philip Island is a unique track. And Bautista did finish 4th last year in the MotoGP race. Could just be the track, but I hope Bautista can bring a real fight to Rea and make this an interesting season.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Safe to say Rae will be in beast mode on his favorite tracks. Rae has actually tested faster on his WSBK machine than MotoGP bikes at the same test. Trying to remember track....grrr...hmmm..
It seems strange to me, 3 time WSBK champ and testing faster on inferior bike NOT GETTING a motoGP ride??
Chris

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »

I think it was at Jerez which is a tight circuit where a MotoGP bike can’t exploit its extra power.

It is my understanding that Rea could have had a ride. But he only wanted to go if he could get a good factory ride. He didn’t want to be an also ran because he didn’t have a good package. Can’t blame him. He’s got a good thing going in WSBK.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

coolestartist

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 07:47:30 AM »

I think it was at Jerez which is a tight circuit where a MotoGP bike can’t exploit its extra power.

It is my understanding that Rea could have had a ride. But he only wanted to go if he could get a good factory ride. He didn’t want to be an also ran because he didn’t have a good package. Can’t blame him. He’s got a good thing going in WSBK.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

I think it is also safe to say that MotoGP riders really are on another level. Bautista was testing new V4R and quoted "I thought the bike was broken in a straight ... It felt slow."

A 200HP + 380lb bike felt slow in straight ? What the heck?  :eek:
Chris

coolestartist

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 06:55:53 AM »

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Another online opinion I read, Rae is actually genuinely scared of MotoGP level of speed... Scared in a way he doesn't think he can match or beat it. He was out pacing Crutchlow and he is not much of a front runner. Even if Crutchlow was on a full factory ride, don't think it would make much difference.
Chris

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 36 queries.