Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Marc Marquez  (Read 1442 times)

Steve Gould

• Control Rider
Marc Marquez
« on: November 18, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »

MM's decision to race today may have been a step towards the end of his career. Ben Spies would have been a dominating rider if he stayed healthy. He injured his shoulder so badly, much like Marquez, that he couldn't take the braking forces that GP bikes exert on a rider. If his surgery doesn't go well, be could be in the same boat.

coolestartist

• Choosing not to SURRENDER is how strength is made
Re: Marc Marquez
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »

MM's decision to race today may have been a step towards the end of his career. Ben Spies would have been a dominating rider if he stayed healthy. He injured his shoulder so badly, much like Marquez, that he couldn't take the braking forces that GP bikes exert on a rider. If his surgery doesn't go well, be could be in the same boat.

He isn't afraid to crash and he dose it A LOT. Only a matter of time and his bod will be wreaked.. .
Chris
2016 Ducati 1299 (bike is insane)
2004 R1 (I thought this bike was fast)
2001 CBR 929 (someone stole this bike)
1999 CBR 900 (crashed this bike)
1991 CBR 600 (someone else stole this bike)

dbosch11

• Newbie For Life!
  • Control Rider
  • GWC
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 05:53:42 AM »

He isn't afraid to crash and he dose it A LOT. Only a matter of time and his bod will be wreaked.. .

During the interviews riders are talking about testing engines, testing brake system, electronics and MM says something along the lines of I got to test my shoulder in the crash, I am ready for battle.  :confused:
I agree his body is going to be wrecked! I also find it a tad bit dangerous some of the saves he makes when the bike stays on track. 
d11b
10 r6

coolestartist

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 06:37:32 AM »

During the interviews riders are talking about testing engines, testing brake system, electronics and MM says something along the lines of I got to test my shoulder in the crash, I am ready for battle.  :confused:
I agree his body is going to be wrecked! I also find it a tad bit dangerous some of the saves he makes when the bike stays on track.

I am sure you have seen that INSANE save...deep in a right turn, basically went beyond the tires lean angle, he is sliding on his right side and some how pushes the bike bike up with is right leg and arm. Both tires left the ground.. ...It was a miracle save, so crazy.

It is easy for us to say. Hes considered best rider in the world. He is making huge cash! You have almighty HRC and big money sponsors sure as hell ant paying you to lose LOL.
Oh BTW, their is an actually Ducati rider now in the MotoYamaha .... uhhhh (i mean), MotoAmerica superbike line up this year. WHOO HOO!
It is about time the great Axis powers of the world come back for a proper take over... (German, Japan, Italy)
Chris

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Marc Marquez
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »

Kyle Wyman exceptional rider and tough as freaking nails. Walks away from stuff that would put anyone else in the paddock in an ambulance or worse.
Very excited to see him out there on something different.
This season has a lot of hopefuls beyond factory. With any luck. Factory becomes the underdog. Some big guns coming for ya. Attack will have a bike and rider. WESTBY gonna be solid Kyle is the kind of rider that could spoil a weekend. Both Jakes. Gonna be exciting for sure.
Can’t wait for Road Atlanta.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:25:03 PM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Marc Marquez
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 03:33:08 PM »

I think it’s safe to say Marc is fit. Dude did PT 5 hours a day. Not my favorite but kid has his eye on the prize and does what it takes to be a champion.

I am heart broken for Q. He road so great all weekend. Even in the race he pounded out some pretty quick laps for needing to go the distance. Kept a pretty quick pace to the end. If he would have made it off the grid. I love a rookie. You guys recall MM first season. Jaws dropped and still do.

Was good to see the old man haha hang with the youngins the whole way. Rossi love him or hate him is a professional and he shows up ready to go. Always has a little more.

Mav surprised me. Would have pegged him in the number 3 slot min.

Dovi on the brakes Kevin Schwantz says brake when you see God. Dovi rolls by at 213MPH  going “hey God how are you this fine day? excuse ima gooonna brake now ok ? God day and God bless well sorry that sounded funny.....” brake turn throttle
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:35:06 PM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

coolestartist

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »

I think it’s safe to say Marc is fit. Dude did PT 5 hours a day. Not my favorite but kid has his eye on the prize and does what it takes to be a champion.

I am heart broken for Q. He road so great all weekend. Even in the race he pounded out some pretty quick laps for needing to go the distance. Kept a pretty quick pace to the end. If he would have made it off the grid. I love a rookie. You guys recall MM first season. Jaws dropped and still do.

Was good to see the old man haha hang with the youngins the whole way. Rossi love him or hate him is a professional and he shows up ready to go. Always has a little more.

Mav surprised me. Would have pegged him in the number 3 slot min.

Dovi on the brakes Kevin Schwantz says brake when you see God. Dovi rolls by at 213MPH  going “hey God how are you this fine day? excuse ima gooonna brake now ok ? God day and God bless well sorry that sounded funny.....” brake turn throttle

How in the heck do they keep the rear wheel down breaking so late and hard??

Chris

dbosch11

• Newbie For Life!
  • Control Rider
  • GWC
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:05:36 AM »

How in the heck do they keep the rear wheel down breaking so late and hard??

They don't! That rear tire is hopping, skipping, and sliding back there.
d11b
10 r6

coolestartist

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:46 AM »

They don't! That rear tire is hopping, skipping, and sliding back there.

Would that be more in the lines of "Sweet babe JESUS !!!" late breaking moves?

My bike has amazing breaks !! Brembo M50 with 330mm discs, I feel stupid because I am not using them to their potential. Much like all the power on tap... Gonna try to break a little bit later, babe steps... a little more here and there at VIR April 1st.
Chris

RocketDan

• Control Rider
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 05:29:07 PM »

My bike has amazing breaks !! Brembo M50 with 330mm discs, I feel stupid because I am not using them to their potential. Much like all the power on tap... Gonna try to break a little bit later, babe steps... a little more here and there at VIR April 1st.

The great thing about the bikes these days is how great their potential is. You get to explore your own limits, and increase your potential without the equipment reaching its limit. That is since we don’t get paid to play like MM93, VR46, AD04 and the rest of the aliens pushing development out there.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

coolestartist

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 08:03:57 AM »

The great thing about the bikes these days is how great their potential is. You get to explore your own limits, and increase your potential without the equipment reaching its limit. That is since we don’t get paid to play like MM93, VR46, AD04 and the rest of the aliens pushing development out there.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Not to mention I don't bounce as well as the younger guys LOL

BTW, who in the heck glues a seat to a bike these days???
“The seat is glued to the subframe and the subframe is painted and the paint didn’t stick well enough,” Jack Miller
Chris

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »

Well seat pads don’t grow out of
Plastic so you are going to have to attach it somehow. Anyone on a race seat has found various issues keeping said pad affixed at times.
Had similar issue in 2015. Finally found the right mix of prep, glue, pad and what to do to let it cure properly.
That looked like a Jack must have had a tail section where the night before the pad was applied. Happens. He handled it lucky he didn’t get hit from behind when he jettisoned it.
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

dbosch11

• Newbie For Life!
  • Control Rider
  • GWC
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »

Haha Exactly!

That's the right attitude however delete the stupid part. We are all in that same boat. Most of us are under riding our equipment.
Baby steps and we will start pushing the brake markers further and further as well as applying gas earlier and earlier in the turn.
Save me a session for April 1st so we can play around!

100% truth!
d11b
10 r6

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 36 queries.