Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Superbike rear brake res kit  (Read 286 times)

sportracer07

Superbike rear brake res kit
« on: August 02, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »

Hey guys my awesome wife just ordered me some bike parts including the Superbike rear brake reservoir kit from Sportbike track gear.  Its basically a 12in piece of clear tubing.  My question is what length to use, can i cut it to about 7 to 8in and use the rest for the front brake?   And also what type of fluid do you guys recommend,  looks like there using a fluid thats blue in color, anyone know what it is?

Kyle M

• Not sexy need not apply
  • Control Rider
  • Turn yo' head until you start to Break yo' neck
Re: Superbike rear brake res kit
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »

The length will most likely be determined by your ease of service and where you need to secure this line of fluid. It is very easy to get more tubing (see Amazon link). So my suggestion would be not to try and trim the rear tubing that is part of the kit so you have some for the front. If you want to use the clear tygon tube on the front just buy more from Amazon.

The blue fluid is no longer available. It was called ATE Suber Blue and due to the dumb folk in this country, the DOT thought it would be mistaken for washer fluid, so they said no more blue brake fluid. ATE makes the same stuff in the traditional color, and Motul makes a very popular brake fluid as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Tygon-Clear-Brake-Fluid-Reservoir/dp/B0117SUXLO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533319315&sr=8-1&keywords=tygon+brake+hose
Kyle Mathews
09 RM R1 #33

52 Ruhe

• Is my name GOOGLE Mother fucker!!!!!!
  • Administrator
Superbike rear brake res kit
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:26:34 PM »

You also need a standard res up front a stick res I will not hold enough fluid for a front. Also make sure you have appropriate level and consider what happens when you accelerate. Many bend then fill only to find brake fluid leaks out tube under hard acceleration.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:50:37 AM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Managing Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 36 queries.