Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Assen  (Read 248 times)

52 Ruhe

• Is my name GOOGLE Mother fucker!!!!!!
  • Administrator
Assen
« on: July 02, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »

Best race of the year. Perhaps decade. Bar to bar wire to wire!!!!!!!
Mike Ruhe #52

Managing Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

bigshug1

Re: Assen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:49:35 AM »

I had my hands on my face almost the whole time...lol

Most uncomfortable race I've watched in a while!

Wish Dovi and Rossi didn't have their little incident - Vale was storming towards the front of that pack. Best race of the year!

Related - the wife's uncle said he *might* want to start watching motorcycle races because he doesn't get to see too many passes in F1 racing...lol - this past round at Assen should have him hooked for life if I can get him over to watch them  :D
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »

Assen usually creates great racing, same with Philip Island. But the Assen TT yesterday was another level. Hope to see more action like that in the coming rounds.

I too wish that incident with Rossi and Dovi hadn’t messed them up so bad. A last lap move at the chicane to decide the podium would have been icing on the cake.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Natrix

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:50:21 AM »

That was bonkers good. From lights out onward.  :popcorn:  :eek:
Wanna go back and watch Lorenzo’s start (I woulda rewound right away, but I figured they’d show a replay. Not! By the time I realized, I was too stuck in.). So many crazy moments mixed in. Contact all over the place. Good stuff!
I was kinda cursing Dovi at the end there, too. Woulda loved a Rossi win. How ironic the move that served him all race failed him in the end. Also woulda liked to see Lorenzo win this one and all the rest of the season too. That’d be epic, whether you’re a fan or not.
Assen does seem to give us good stuff most years. Probably part of the reason it has been on the GP calendar literally forever. One of the best World SSP races I can remember was also there, back in maybe ‘08 or ‘09 or just before. Aside from consistently good races, I imagine it’s REALLY fun to ride (it was certainly one of my favorite tracks to “ride” in the SBK game).

There’s been a ton of awesome racing this year in both GP and WSBK. Wish I could remember it all. Plenty to rewatch over the winter!

Keep trying to pull Heather’s uncle away from the dark side, Shane.  :)  (I certainly stopped watching F1 once I started watching moto stuff. Was already riding by then, though, I think.))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:57:52 AM by Natrix »
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

bigshug1

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »

Absolutely, Kerry! Dale (Heather’s uncle) never seemed all that interested in motorcycles, but he watched “Hitting the Apex” on Netflix and now REALLY wants to see a little MotoGP racing, now. Gonna try to get him over here to watch Assen sometime this week - if it’s passing he wants to see, he should be addicted in the first 10 minutes ;)
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

52 Ruhe

• Is my name GOOGLE Mother fucker!!!!!!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »

Watching for the fourth time
Mike Ruhe #52

Managing Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

Natrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »

Watching for the fourth time

:thumbup:

Absolutely, Kerry! Dale (Heather’s uncle) never seemed all that interested in motorcycles, but he watched “Hitting the Apex” on Netflix and now REALLY wants to see a little MotoGP racing, now. Gonna try to get him over here to watch Assen sometime this week - if it’s passing he wants to see, he should be addicted in the first 10 minutes ;)

Yeah, this ought to hook him.
Glad you mention HtA. I hadn’t seen it yet. Just now found it on Amazon Prime and started it so I’ll remember to watch it tomorrow. Love the first bits - “ stay on the motorcycle.”
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '06 GSX-R750

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 06:32:56 AM »

I saw Hitting the Apex was on Amazon prime, definitely just watched it again recently. I think I need to watch Assen race again too.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 38 queries.