Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Let's hook up my R6's suspension!  (Read 402 times)

bigshug1

Let's hook up my R6's suspension!
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »

Totally meant to call today, but ran out of time...so I figured I'd put the bug in your ear for now

My R6 had ~5500 mikes on it when I got it and, judging by the squared off Shinkos it was sporting - I'd wager that the fork oil has NEVER been changed...

That said, even ripped and peeled and all that, I'll be a 200+ pound rider - so I think it's high time we invest in new springs, refresh, revalve, etc...whatever's necessary to get me lapping 1:30's around the North course  :D

Seriously though - I'm sure we need to discuss this in more detail. What's a good time to call so we can nail down how to get this done before April?

Thanks again for all you do!
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

Santiago

Re: Let's hook up my R6's suspension!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:14:51 PM »

I have come to know about this information and I want more details.

Viffer

• Max Speed Cycles
Re: Let's hook up my R6's suspension!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »

Bigshug is getting an estimate today.  What do you need info on?  Give the shop a ring 336-993-6661
Thanks
Jim Eglinger
Max Speed Cycles
336-993-6661
WWW.MAXSPEEDCYCLES.COM

52 Ruhe

• Is my name GOOGLE Mother fucker!!!!!!
  • Administrator
Let's hook up my R6's suspension!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:46 AM »

Yeah Santiago give Jim a call at the shop. I am sure he is up to his elbows in some funky fork oil as I type this. For those that don't know. When you do your fork oil every other year that oil is pretty spent. Not a bad plan every two years you get essentially a new set of forks. Now for those of you sick bastards that never service it. At about the 4 year mark what oil that has not turned into a brake dust fluid paste in the legs smells like a rotting corpse. Next time you send your 2003 never serviced forks to any of the outstanding suspension folks out there that  stuff is god awful.
Told an Ohlins tech he should put Road kill in shipments of the worst with a note. If my garage has to smell like this then so does yours

Properly serviced and set up suspension other than seat time is probably the best money you can spend.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:58:38 AM by 52 Ruhe »
Mike Ruhe #52

Managing Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 36 queries.