Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: PRE at VIR May 29 & 30  (Read 30832 times)

JRA

• Administrator
PRE at VIR May 29 & 30
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:29 PM »

A track walk at after the riding is finished for the day on Thursday followed by an epic meet and greet in the paddock. I heard this one is going to outdo the last one. :eek:

If anybody would like to volunteer to help with the airfence we could use a few extra hands on Wednesday evening to set it up.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

crash675

Re: PRE at VIR May 29 & 30
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »

Im close by let me know what time. Im off wed and thursday. Hope I can sign up for thursday on may 12 or 13th.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

D Reagan
Wera Novice #320
09 zx6
09 675

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:50:03 AM »

We should be there early enough Wednesday to help. Just let me know when and where I need to be.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

APO2112

• I just wanna go fast...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »

I can't go.... :banghead: Business commitments..... :doh:
...withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe. All will be well.

Aaron
'09 R1

bmrboy

• Ride like the Wind !!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:40 AM »

A track walk at after the riding is finished for the day on Thursday followed by an epic meet and greet in the paddock. I heard this one is going to outdo the last one. :eek:

If anybody would like to volunteer to help with the airfence we could use a few extra hands on Wednesday evening to set it up.

John , If you need more hands with the Air fence , just let me know !!
 I'm close by and always willing to help .. just P.M. me what you need ....

M.GRADY ...
2011 GSXR-750 [A]
Become Water ..

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »

Everybody just see me on Wednesday afternoon when they let us in. It'll take less than thirty minutes.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

DanQ

• Geriatric
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »

I'm going to try to be present for this one.

If anyone has not been on a JRA track walk, you really need to do so.  In addition to the perspective you can get from looking at the track at a much lower speed, JRA offers expert insight on how to attack them.

If I get up there I'm available for any work you need done JRA.
DanQ

meowculpa

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:36 AM »

If anyone has not been on a JRA track walk, you really need to do so.  In addition to the perspective you can get from looking at the track at a much lower speed, JRA offers expert insight on how to attack them.

:agree:

S/S # 47: Malpractice Makes Perfect!
07 CBR 600RR

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 06:51:02 AM »

I'm going to try to be present for this one.

If I get up there I'm available for any work you need done JRA.

I haven't ridden the newly repaved track yet but I'm sure prior reference points are now gone. I'll have to work on that on Thursday for the track walk as well as rely on some help from some of our guys who have ridden the track a couple of times already.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

motorkas

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 08:39:53 AM »

John,

Both my brother and I will be down Wednesday night, depending on 95 traffic, count us in for helping with the air fence.  Can't wait - this will be my first track walk!!!!!!!!
Track: '12 BMW S1000RR
Street: '04 RC51

"Okay, somebody is going to have to explain to me how we manage to crash at half the speeds he's going"

- My brother to me after seeing Westby shred NJMP during a practice race at a track day.

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »

There are only nine pieces to set up so it's pretty easy to do. Actually carrying them out to the track is what takes the longest. I'm not sure if VIR will  have their roll back truck for us to use again (I will request it) so we may need a couple of people with trucks. 

We have been able to purchase about forty modules in the last two years but all the rest of those are at Road Atlanta. We will now dedicate all new Air Fence from the fundraiser this year to VIR and hopefully more than double the number that we have available to us there.

I hope everyone at some point will help with this stuff just so you can get a good look at it, and also see the areas that we are protecting with it. We will be setting this up in Turn 6 to protect from the tire wall on riders right as you go through the left hand turn just before the straight leading down to the bridge. We will also be using it at South Course to protect us from the wall that was added between turns 1 and 2 to help prevent errant cars and motorcycles from entering the Patriot Course. Also, having more modules will allow us to more safely run the Patriot Course next year.

It has been suggested to me in the past by others from outside of this organization that if we didn't have these fundraisers then people would have more money to spend on track days. Just FYI I flatly reject that kind of thinking. This is important what we are doing. We raised almost $500 at the PRE meet and greet earlier this month, and I hope to raise a little more at the next meet and greet next month.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »

John,

Both my brother and I will be down Wednesday night, depending on 95 traffic, count us in for helping with the air fence.  Can't wait - this will be my first track walk!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :thumbup:
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

bmrboy

• Ride like the Wind !!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »

It has been suggested to me in the past by others from outside of this organization that if we didn't have these fundraisers then people would have more money to spend on track days. Just FYI I flatly reject that kind of thinking. This is important what we are doing. We raised almost $500 at the PRE meet and greet earlier this month, and I hope to raise a little more at the next meet and greet next month.

:agree: ....  Nothing is MORE important than keeping Our friends & other riders safe !!!
   We donate $$$ because , WE WANT TOO !!!   
M.GRADY ...
2011 GSXR-750 [A]
Become Water ..

Meat

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 12:08:45 PM »

I can do more track days if I'm not dead! That is why I give to the Air Fence Fund.
Meat
Beach Cruiser

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »

and if you do it through our fundraiser you have the benefit of knowing exactly how the money is going to be used
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 23 queries.