Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New springs for '14 RSV4  (Read 1586 times)

bigshug1

New springs for '14 RSV4
« on: May 06, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »

Jim - hoping you'll remember the suspension adjustment you did to my Aprilia at the season opener at VIR. HUGE difference...but you'd said that we still had some sag issues front and back and I'd like to get that squared away.

Living a fairly good distance from you, I don't have the time to drive the bike to you before an event...and our local Aprilia dealer can't seem to find which springs I'd need to upgrade with, given that Race Tech doesn't even have the RSV4 listed as an option for spring upgrade

SO, my question is - would this be something we could get done AT the track? For instance, during the VIR South fundraiser weekend, would it be feasible to either have them installed the day before (Thursday) the first riding day or maybe after the track day concluded?

Just trying to get it all sorted out - I'm still a bit in shock at how much difference the adjustments you made helped my riding!
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

Viffer

• Max Speed Cycles
Re: New springs for '14 RSV4
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »

Hi
I am sorry but we do not do that kind of work at the track.  It is something we do at the shop however.
You can give the shop a call and schedule it in for you.
Thanks

bigshug1

Re: New springs for '14 RSV4
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »

No worries at all - I just picked up an R6 that we'll be doing a bit more tuning with instead of the Ape. Thanks again!
Shane Carwile
Intermediate Group
2015 Yamaha R6 - #247
2017 Yamaha R6 - (probably) my backup bike :)

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 24 queries.