Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: crash repair question  (Read 1983 times)

cartmen34

crash repair question
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »

Hey Jim!

So I'm still in a hand brace but I'm finally able to use my hand enough to start tearing into the the crash damage on my R1.  I think a lot of the work I can do myself, just simple replacement of parts like levers, clip-on bars, footpegs, etc.  However there are a few things I need some assistance on:

1) forks realigned (I've done this years ago on my dirt bikes, but not something as precise as a track bike.)
2) new front tire (212 if you've got one)
3) get the dirt and grass out of my rear tire, stuck between rim and tire bead
4) straighten tank

#4 is where my question lies.  When I took the tank covers off I noticed that the tank is just slightly bent.

Here you can see that the tank wasn't hit very hard, just cracked plastic and dirt scuffs:

However here you can see the left mounting bolt is blocked by the tank itself, making it impossible to fully remove.  It can be loosened, but can't come fully out.  This prevents the tank from being lifted:

The problem is easier to see when compared to the right side bolt, which can be removed:

So do you think this is something you can fix or would I be better off taking it to my Yamaha tech? 

Thanks Jim!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:58:56 PM by cartmen34 »

Viffer

• Max Speed Cycles
Re: crash repair question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »

Morning Tracey,

Yes we can handle it all and we do have a tire.  Give me a call and we can get it scheduled up.  I am glad your hand is beginning to heal.

take care

cartmen34

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »

Will do Jim.  Figured you could fix it all so thanks for the confirmation.  Probably won't be able to get it to you until later next week at the very earliest.  I'll call you next week.

Thanks again Jim!

Viffer

• Max Speed Cycles
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:30:47 AM »

No Problem,  look forward to hearing from you

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 23 queries.