Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New to track riding and PRE.  (Read 463 times)

Redrocks

Re: New to track riding and PRE.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 03:13:20 AM »

Yes I agree they could be very bad if the wind got a hold of it and put it down in the middle of the track. Figured that was a rule for every event there. Like you said if one person could it would turn into drone racing in no time. I was almost going to make it this weekend but I'm still waiting on my battery (shipped wrong one) and a seat pad. I could rig something up but still need a trailer to not be using the back of my truck and needing help to get bike off and on. Was going to buy one today that was on sale but it is out of stock in all of NC..... I will be at VIR on the 22 next month for sure unless something major goes wrong. If I get bored this weekend what's the fee to just come watch at nc bike? Or is it free to spectate? I've never seen that track and figured I could check it out if I have time.

Redrocks

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »

Also, if I'm still allowed to pry for questions in this thread, what is the rule on tire tread? I have never had the chance to run slicks and this bike came with two sets of racing battleaxe bridgestones . Both have the dot on the side about the same depth, but how deep must it be for tech? Is there a limit on how old they can be before they lose grip or heat cycles. I know there is for pros and all but he said he had three track days on them and I'm a beginner. They do have 1/2 inch to a inch of chicken strips so it does not look like he was shredding. Should I junk em both or test em out and have money ready for new ones? PS. I am poor as I just secured the trailer and I am ready to go!

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 05:56:08 PM »

Most likely I'd run them, but post some close up pics and we'll give you a better opinion. Also post the date code. Don't forget many of us are at NC bike so the forum will be kind of dead this weekend.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

Redrocks

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

Ok I'll post some pics. I'll have to figure that out when I get home to them. I know you are all gone... jealous as can be. Ha.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 19 queries.