Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: WTB 06-07 GSX-R600/750 wheels  (Read 190 times)

Redrocks

WTB 06-07 GSX-R600/750 wheels
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:31:30 AM »

Looking for some stock wheels that are a direct fit for an 07 GSXR750 to put rain tires on. I might be missing VIR this monday if it rains because I would prefer my first track day to not be in the rain, on slicks. Fingers crossed it changes but regardless I will need another set of wheels so let me know if you have any to sell. I am in the kernersville area but can travel for a deal. I am not looking for any real nice or expensive ones and as I am just starting out and will not be in it to do real races. Cheaper the better, just straight with no bends and rotors/gears are a plus. Thanks.
Andy Ritchie
#58 GSX-R 750 track only.
CBR1000RR street only.
I hate tornados.

spiderman636

Re: WTB 06-07 GSX-R600/750 wheels
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:48:49 AM »

Try TDJ yard sale.... I needed the same gsxr front wheel just a few weeks ago and had to go the ebay route

Natrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »

As an alternative to missing out on a track day, IF you don't manage to get the extra wheels, consider just getting a set of DOT's or Q3's put on your existing wheels instead of your slicks. That way you'll be good to go rain or shine!
(I'm a noob, so maybe that's a stupid idea depending on your riding level, but at my level on my bike even the Q3 is pretty great.)
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
N 333 - '13 CBR500R

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 03:21:51 PM »

Have rains mounted on spare wheels is a good idea, but they won't get much use so having a spare set up really isn't necessary. You'll probably find spare wheels better used for managing your dry tires. For instance if your trying to save your good tires for the afternoon. You already have them mounted and don't lose time waiting for them to be mounted.

In order to use rains the track really needs to be wet enough to put up a spray as you ride. Obviously if it is raining, or has just rained that probably isn't a problem. The problem is that when the rain stops the track tends to dry quickly making it too dry for rain tires. More often than not if it's wet enough now to use rains it won't be for the next session, and in fact it just might be totally dry an hour from now. The point being that changing wheels back and forth is a lot of work if you only need the wet set up for a session or maybe two. It doesn't really matter what the forecast says, very few days have continuous rain all day which means at some point it'll be too dry for the wet set up. Over the years I think I have seen about every conceivable scenario, and more often than not there is dry track time regardless of the weather forecast. Even with a bad forecast there is usually more dry than wet, or at least as much dry as wet.

I can certainly understand not wanting your first track experience to be a wet one, and of course you can wait for the perfect forecast and hope that the forecasters aren't wrong about that (seen that quite a few times). I've always just signed up for events well in advance and gone to the track while trying not really to pay attention to what the weather guy says. Far more often than not I've been happy with the way things turned out...well there was that one time it snowed at Barber, lol. They hadn't had an accumulating snowfall in almost ten years. :D
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »

I snagged an extra set of wheels for my bike this year and I must say I have found it helpful. But I agree with JRA that having rains mounted and trying to switch them back and forth is too much trouble given how quick a track will dry.

A set of Q3s or similar is a much better option. Honestly they are a great tire and might be the ideal option for novice up through mid intermediate for the dry. They also work pretty good in the wet and don't tear up on a drying track.

Point being, get the wheels when you can. But you can probably accomplish what you want to with a set of Q3s or other hypersport street tires in the meantime.

Who knows what life holds, so I wouldn't skip a day you know you can attend in hopes of something better down the road. 

Redrocks

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »

Very good point about having full on rain tires mounted up. I think the Q3 option sounds like a winner. I have been working so hard going from absolutely nothing (track wise) to bike, gear, trailer and so on that I am still prepping with full intent of coming. I just know I'll want another set of wheels to have them ready. Thinking one set slick one set Q3. I had a almost life ending event with weather back in 08 with no warning from the weatherman, 7 busted bones later it's easy to say we don't get along. ha. Thanks for the advice, didn't even think about them burning up. I will say the weather channel had the forecast at 100%.... I don't think I've ever seen them say 100% 4-5 days out lol.
Andy Ritchie
CBR1000RR street only.
I hate tornados.

Redrocks

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »

Well found a rear with rotor gear and spacers less than 3min down the road from me for a steal. Just looking for a front now.
Andy Ritchie
CBR1000RR street only.
I hate tornados.

Redrocks

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:13:49 AM »

Joe, has one. Thanks all.
Andy Ritchie
CBR1000RR street only.
I hate tornados.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 18 queries.