Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Woodcraft 50mm 3-piece clip-ons - SOLD  (Read 185 times)

cartmen34

Woodcraft 50mm 3-piece clip-ons - SOLD
« on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »

I have 2 sets of these.  I bought these to use while the Renthal clip-ons recall was happening a few months ago.  Turns out I found other replacements and now don't need them.

1 pair is new in the packaging, and the other pair were removed and test fit with some light scuffing on the top of the clamps.  All the bars are new and have no control holes drilled or are marked up in any way.  Both sets are basically new.

Retail these are $155/set.  I'd like to get $100 shipped for each set.  If you live in the Raleigh-Durham or Greensboro area we can discuss delivery options.

PM me please if you have any questions.  Thanks for looking folks!

Both sets of clip-ons have been SOLD!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:04:44 PM by cartmen34 »

spiderman636

Re: Woodcraft 50mm 3-piece clip-ons
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:04:17 PM »

What bike did you have these on? I know they are practically universal but I noticed Woodcraft had something separate on their site for gsxr 600 so am curious if these will work for me.

OTP Racing
#23 - SV650

cartmen34

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »

These fit both my 07 r6 and 15 r1.  I believe they'll fit anything with a 50mm upper fork tube.

I'm not familiar enough with the gsxr to know why it might need a special clipon, sorry.

52 Ruhe

• Sorry but we are out of milk. In fact that burger yeah thats the cow.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:29:06 AM »

Certain models have a stepped fork tube can’t recall years but if you have those years then you need clamps specific to those years.

Sent from your iPhone using Tapatalk. Yes I am in the house!!!!!
Mike Ruhe #52

Managing Partner - Founder

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Mobile: 404-435-8427

mike.ruhe@ridepre.com

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »

What bike did you have these on? I know they are practically universal but I noticed Woodcraft had something separate on their site for gsxr 600 so am curious if these will work for me.

OTP Racing
#23 - SV650

You can probably go to the Woodcraft site and find out what size your Gixxer would need.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

Shoaf

• Control Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »

If you don't have fork extensions on your gixxer you need the 50/48mm tapered clamps because the forks are tapered below the top. With extensions the 50mm works.

MonkeyMan

• Control Rider
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:39 AM »

Hey Tracey!

How did the exchange program with Renthal go? I sent mine in last week (had to wait until after the last WERA round) and hoping to get them back shortly. How much time did it take for you?

Did you remount the Renthal bars or go in a completely different direction?

After the last WERA round at Barber I've come to the conclusion that I need to beef up my spares kit a bit. So - I'm most likely interested in the Woodcraft bars. One question though - will they fit the Renthal sleeve?
"MonkeyMan" Mike
Sicilian Racing
07 Daytona 675
15 Yamaha R1M
#413  :a:

cartmen34

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »

Hey Tracey!

How did the exchange program with Renthal go? I sent mine in last week (had to wait until after the last WERA round) and hoping to get them back shortly. How much time did it take for you?

Did you remount the Renthal bars or go in a completely different direction?

After the last WERA round at Barber I've come to the conclusion that I need to beef up my spares kit a bit. So - I'm most likely interested in the Woodcraft bars. One question though - will they fit the Renthal sleeve?

Whaddup Monkeyman!  Congrats on your success at the Barber races.  Way to go dude!

The Renthal return experience overall was very good.  I got an email from them saying they'd received my old clipons.  I got that email on the 12th, and on the 13th I got another email containing the tracking number for the new ones.  They included a new set of grips with each new set.  Overall it was a good exchange experience.  I liked all the communication.

I went with a set of Vortex clipons to get me through the last few trackdays of the season.  I haven't yet but I'll probably re-mount the new Renthals yes.  Despite this experience I still really like those alignment marks they include on the tube clamps.  Aligning the Vortex ones were a terrific pain in the ass.

The bars are standard 7/8" bars.  That's a pretty set standard.  I've used Renthal bars in Vortex clipons, Vortex bars in Renthal clipons, Graves bars in Renthal clipons, etc.  They all fit no problem.

But just to be sure I took a pic of my new Renthal clipons with the Woodcraft bars in them.  They fit perfectly.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:00:55 AM by cartmen34 »

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.