Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Air fence  (Read 313 times)

spiderman636

Air fence
« on: May 23, 2018, 06:22:45 PM »

I simply didn't want to muddy up the other thread by talking about FB but I just wanted to post something that I think is progress and I think is working toward what John always talks about... Awareness.

Some of you may have seen a large thread on FB ( 2 different ones actually) that were about VIR the other day and no air fence being used. No clue how I became known as the airfence nazi but someone I am not even friends with messaged me asking if I saw air fence wasn't used on Monday lol. Weird to randomly tell me that but I'm glad they did.

Anyway, Some words were exchanged and lots of things said from lots of ppl and lots of ppl that are on this forum and ride with PRE but at the end of it all I saw a post from a director of another org saying they will absolutely be deploying air fence at their next event.

It made me smile because I think this hits on that next level John talks about beyond raising money. Social media provides a great platform to be able to talk about these things and bring awareness. It's a fine line to balance org bashing and bringing awareness because ppl kind of stop listening and you lose credibility if you start with something like "tpm sucks" or "just come ride with PRE". Lol

I just wanted to come in here and say thanks to everyone who commented. Also for those who aren't on Facebook much, to point at that it's possible that this Facebook thread results in an org using the air fence at their next day.

OTP Racing
#23 - SV650

JRA

• Administrator
Re: Air fence
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »

Thank you Kevin. We just want everyone to use it at any track where it is available.

There is still another track in the region where it's available but its not always used. PRE doesn't ride there, but some of our customers do.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 06:37:27 PM by JRA »
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

spiderman636

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »

Thank you Kevin. We just want everyone to use it at any track where it is available.

There is still another track in the region where it's available but its not always used. PRE doesn't ride there, but some of our customers do.
Thanks John. I didn't realize that. I am lot sure how much it helps but I know I'll continue to look out posts about air fence and posts about track days where I see no air fence was used. I do think continually bringing it up and those threads getting hundreds of comments ultimately gets someone's attention. Hopefully that means some day they will all use it.

Another thank you for all that everyone involved does. Makes me proud to call PRE my home org!

OTP Racing
#23 - SV650

Echs332000

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 04:13:02 AM »

What bothered me the most is that some of those ORGS are 100% aware that the soft barriers are there for them to use.  They just wont put forth the effort to deploy them.  Personally.  If i owned/Ran a track day org and one of my riders got hurt due to me being lazy or unmotivated, i couldnt live with myself.

I usually cant make it in time to help deploy the air fence.  But i damn sure make sure i donate at the meet and greets and im trying my best to make it to the fund raiser.

Some people just blow my mind

2011 ZX10r
2007 R6
2014 ZX10r
I-Group

VIR IS THE DEVIL!

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »

John do you mind if I ask which track?

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »

Summit
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:33:46 AM »

Good to know it’s available there. I don’t really plan on riding Summit but know to ask if AF is going to be deployed should I decide to go.

Daniel
OTP Racing #14
Yamaha R1
Wilmington, NC

jcrich

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 05:04:00 AM »

Summit

Hmmm only 3 hours 45 minutes from me.

Dunham

• Control Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »

Riding at Summit without airfence is Xciting  :wow:
The Motorcyclist Formerly Known as "Stock Shock John"

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 05:07:48 AM »

What bothered me the most is that some of those ORGS are 100% aware that the soft barriers are there for them to use.  They just wont put forth the effort to deploy them.  Personally.  If i owned/Ran a track day org and one of my riders got hurt due to me being lazy or unmotivated, i couldnt live with myself.

I usually cant make it in time to help deploy the air fence.  But i damn sure make sure i donate at the meet and greets and im trying my best to make it to the fund raiser.

Some people just blow my mind

That's how I feel Shawn. This sport is a lot of fun, but we also get reminded every now and then just how dangerous it can be. I just feel like we can't take your money in good conscience and not be actively trying to make things as safe as possible. Just assume for a moment that we weren't trying our best to provide these soft barriers. Where would we be? What might have happened over the last year?  Would somebody else be doing it? Would VIR, or NC Bike, or Road Atlanta be better off or worse? We have first hand experience in what it's like when things go as bad as they can get. Being lazy or unmotivated just isn't an option, and in fact it's the antithesis of what we feel we have to do.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 18 queries.