Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Road atlanta Question  (Read 929 times)

Echs332000

Road atlanta Question
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:18:39 AM »

Good morning.

Got a question about the route from the Winston Salem Area to Road Atlanta.  Ill be traveling down i85.   I do not want to haul 150 gallons of water with me all the way down there in my toyhauler.  Does anyone know of a good location to fill my water tanks on the way down there at is close to the Track?  The last time i was there, the water situation was iffy and with my camper probally being the location that 5 or 6 of us will be showering id like to arrive with full tanks just in case.

TIA
2021 ZX10R
I-Group

VIR IS THE DEVIL!

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
Re: Road atlanta Question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:34:47 AM »

Good morning.

Got a question about the route from the Winston Salem Area to Road Atlanta.  Ill be traveling down i85.   I do not want to haul 150 gallons of water with me all the way down there in my toyhauler.  Does anyone know of a good location to fill my water tanks on the way down there at is close to the Track?  The last time i was there, the water situation was iffy and with my camper probally being the location that 5 or 6 of us will be showering id like to arrive with full tanks just in case.

TIA

O come on. It's not that far to haul all that water. I do it all the time from Indianapolis.

I did a quick google maps from Winston Salem to RA and did a search along the route for RV water fill stations and there were quite a few options. Truck stops mainly. I would do a quick search, call ahead and make sure they have potable water but it looked like you had options.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

Echs332000

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 08:56:27 AM »

O come on. It's not that far to haul all that water. I do it all the time from Indianapolis.

I did a quick google maps from Winston Salem to RA and did a search along the route for RV water fill stations and there were quite a few options. Truck stops mainly. I would do a quick search, call ahead and make sure they have potable water but it looked like you had options.

This sucker is heavy! 

Thanks for the tip though.  Ill deff check it out.
2021 ZX10R
I-Group

VIR IS THE DEVIL!

the-uno

• Active Control Riders
  • KCCO
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:17:38 AM »

This sucker is heavy! 

Thanks for the tip though.  Ill deff check it out.

Yeah the extra water is definitely heavy. I'm lazy I like to get everything done at home as much as I can. I don't like waiting to fill my water while on the road or at the track. It takes to damn long.

Hope you are able to find something close to RA.
15 R1 308   :cr:
:ws:

Nick "uno" Munson

Stony

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:59:41 AM »

There are a few water bibbs in the paddock... but they will likely be surrounded by RVs. I wouldn't count on getting access to them. I also don't know if it's potable or not. Safer to get water along the way or from your house IMO.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 12:04:49 PM by Stony »
#711 Ken - Raleigh NC
2016 & 2010 R6
2006 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600
2018 Grom

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
Road atlanta Question
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »

Stony they had about 1 pound of pressure that’s the iffy part.

Man I am with Nick if it’s too heavy to haul full. You don’t have enough truck to begin with or there is the other possibility........
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Echs332000

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 07:18:58 AM »

Stony they had about 1 pound of pressure that’s the iffy part.

Man I am with Nick if it’s too heavy to haul full. You don’t have enough truck to begin with or there is the other possibility........

Yea, im slowly truck shopping.  Deff need a bigger truck
2021 ZX10R
I-Group

VIR IS THE DEVIL!

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.