Performance Riding Experience Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What med helo provider serves CMP?  (Read 1075 times)

Natrix

What med helo provider serves CMP?
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:34:45 AM »

Anybody know who flies us out should the need arise?
I’m looking into AirMedCare, and the closest affiliate is:
South Carolina Air Care - Rotor Wing
Med-Trans
2945 Airport Road, Sumter, SC 29153

If there is another air-evac insurance group I should be looking at instead in order to have me covered at CMP especially but others as well, can you let me/us know?

Thanks in advance!
Kerry

I'm not slow; I'm deliberate :D
:i: 333 - '06 GSX-R750

JRA

• Administrator
Re: What med helo provider serves CMP?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 04:16:11 AM »

Kerry, the only insurance I'm aware of that will make sure you are covered is MASA. With them you are covered anywhere in the world. I looked into Air Med a few years back and it seems like most of the places where we go weren't in their network. I don't know what company specifically flies into to CMP but they fly to the hospital in Columbia so you might be able to figure it out from that.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days
john dot allen at ridepre dot com

Natrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »

Thanks, John! I will look into this further. I'm thinking with just one weekend left, if Air Med would work at CMP, it's worth it even for one weekend. Then I could consider MASA for next year. These places sure are skimpy on the info they make available online!
Kerry

MBB1

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »

Carey,

If you have TRICARE PRIME and your condition requires helicopter ride they will pay it. Obviously, the track EMS would make that decision vice a land ride.

It’s on the TRICARE website.

BTW, I miss you guys and hope to see you next season!

Respectfully
GDFTHR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R/
GDFTHR
SICILIAN RACING
"Well Done Is Better Than Well Said"

Natrix

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:43:12 AM »

Thanks, Mike! Hope we get to see you soon as well!

I did find that the units that serve CMP are not among those listed as being part of the AirMedCare network. I chatted with Michael Jr. at CMP, and he indicated the following:
“Lifenet 2 is our primary air transport company and they operate from the airport in Camden.
 800 327 2611 is their contact number.
As a secondary, we have Aircare from Sumter SC. 855 654 3551 is their contact number.”

So, I’ll check into TriCare as well before I quit looking further and go with MASA after all   Embarrassment
Kerry

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 02:00:01 PM »

Check AFLAC they have a med transport supplement that simply covers all medically necessary transport 100% air, boat, heli , rickshaw piggyback.
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

JRA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 06:01:38 AM »

This off season might be a good time to revisit this topic. CMP is an awesome track, but it's an hour by road to the nearest trauma center which is Richland Hospital in Columbia. This means serious injuries are most likely going to be air lifted. At VIR it's either Duke or Roanoke. Even if an injured rider is ground transported to Danville hospital they are air lifted to one of these other hospitals if it's determined that the patient needs to go to a trauma center.

It's topic that nobody really wants to think about, but everyone would be wise to consider just in case. I know at this point everyone has probably heard us talk about having insurance coverage at the riders meetings. Many medical policies will only cover part of the cost of an air ambulance which can be as much as $30k-50k. It would be a good idea to know what your coverage's are.
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

boike333

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 09:11:00 AM »

John agreed, not a great topic to talk about. But since it’s open enrollment season in healthcare right now it’s good to bring up and get straightened out so we don’t have to think about it the night before a track day.

A few of us were talking about this as well on another forum. I would also like to know what other insurance supplements anyone is using in addition to a standard PPO provided by an employer.
Below was my question at Charlotte Riders forum. This is strictly a medical insurance question with regards to a buy up “accident” and “hospital” rider to cover medevac/ambulance and extras for broken body parts. BUT, I would also like to know if/what insurance is covered on the motorcycle in the event of a partial or total  loss?

Do any of you have added insurance for riding on the track or OHV riding? I just got the most ridiculous answer from The Hartford for asking specific questions about this. There answer was “they are not able to delve into specifics of how claims would be handled prior to an event occurring”. And then goes onto say “each claim is evaluated on it own merit and the circumstances of the accident at the time it occurs”.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:15:12 AM by boike333 »
2005 SV #333
2002 DRZ
2006 FJR

Lake Wylie SC

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »

Sadly you rarely think about or consider it before a trackday. If you are lucky you are awake I. The back of EMS hoping. Why not know for sure what and if you are covered for this sport. Anything less is financial Russian roulette.
You and an insurance company with no checking the fine print. Hammer will hit a primer / live round
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

triplen675

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 08:02:06 PM »

As one that has unfortunately utilized the helicopter service from CMP during a crash in a race and being knocked out/under for 4 hours. I will say this. LifeNet is the air provider, their holding company Rocky Mountain Holdings is the biller. There are only two holding companies that own all the air ambulances which have no regulation so they are free to bill you whatever seems fit. A current LifeNet ride from CMP to Prisma in Columbia, SC is $63k +\-  Most insurances do not cover air ambulances at all, better to read the fine print. Thankfully mine did since I had already met my deductible from the hospital. At CMP, LifeNet will fly to Prisma Health trauma center (Richland Hospital) in Columbia, SC rather than Charlotte, NC for the simple fact Prisma is 6 miles closer. If you ever find yourself at Prisma you’ll beg to be taken to Charlotte.

Nathan L
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 08:13:08 PM by triplen675 »

boike333

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »

Check AFLAC they have a med transport supplement that simply covers all medically necessary transport 100% air, boat, heli , rickshaw piggyback.

Thanks for this Ruhe. I have looked into this and apparently they don't offer this for individual supplements but only for group, or that's what one broker said anyway. Do you have any other intel?

I can't believe this is such a PIA to figure out, anyone else have any info or any updates about
MASA - NO RESPONSE
TRI-CARE - ?
triplen675 who had you covered?

Thanks in advance!
2005 SV #333
2002 DRZ
2006 FJR

Lake Wylie SC

JRA

• Administrator
John Allen
Co-Founder/President
PRE Track Days

Spinak 627

• Control Rider
  • There is no spoon
Matt Spinak
CCS Expert #627

boike333

2005 SV #333
2002 DRZ
2006 FJR

Lake Wylie SC

52 Ruhe

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »

My Aflac was originally offered as supplement at my company. When we jumped off the PE wagon and sold the company to Truist they did not offer AFLAC supplement so I had to take the cover over vs purchase via work I pay direct. So this is an individual policy. Perhaps because I have more than just the medical transit.
It is part of an overall supplement that also provides for full cardiac and full cancer screenings every other year.

Truist offers it now as a supplement for employees. They don’t carry any of the cost so I still have my plan as an individual.

Unless you see the benefits of the cardiac or cancer preventative screenings I would go JRA route and just buy specific transport insurance.
Mike Ruhe #52

Partner - Founder- Owner

www.ridepre.com

Canton, GA

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 18 queries.